Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Geno vs Blake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Let me first qualify by saying I'm ecstatic that we drafted Blake Bortles. I hope he is the QB of the Jaguars for a long time. I was talking to a buddy of mine who's a Jets fan who's

hates Geno Smith. So I went back to look at Geno's rookie stats. Mind you most Jets fans are ready to run this guy out of town, lets take a look

Comp - % 55.76

Yds - 3046

TD - 12

INT - 21

Y/A - 6.88

I know Geno played 2 more games than Blake but would you say (aside from completion %) Their numbers will be similar? My question is most people think Geno isn't that good even when he was a rookie.

Now before you say he had better weapons The Jets last year had arguably a worst wr core than the Jags. Again I hope Blake plays for this team for 20 years but my question is if Blake finishes out the year

with these numbers would you be happy? Would you expect some more for the #3 pick in the draft vs 2nd rd pick? 

I think the better way to judge between the two is the eye test.  Geno did not make his team better, but Blake has.  Maybe not quantifiable, but if you watch the two, it's pretty obvious.

[Image: troll.gif]

Call me when Bortles make a play like this

[Image: original.gif]

Or this

[Image: ku-xlarge.gif]

Or this

[Image: geno-smith-jets-o.gif]

Quote:I think the better way to judge between the two is the eye test.  Geno did not make his team better, but Blake has.  Maybe not quantifiable, but if you watch the two, it's pretty obvious.

I hope so but its just funny how one guy stinks and the other guy is great but they will finish with possibly similar stats
I believe the completion rate will be significantly higher and that matters. I'm perfectly ok with with interceptions as long as he's learning which throws work and which ones do not in this league and doesn't continue to make the same mistakes. I'm also willing to bet even though he won't play a full 16 game season he'll still have more yardage by the end of the year.
Quote: Or this

10 ints in 4 1/2 games bro
Geno gets a bad shake, he's had no help. Geno should be a lot better when jace amaro gets acclimated to the NFL and Harvin learns the offense.
Quote: Or this

Lol talk about being scared.
Quote:10 ints in 4 1/2 games bro

That doesn't answer the question. When did Bortles ever look as clueless as Geno did in those three GIF's I posted?

But you already know the answer.
Quote:Lol talk about being scared.
Have you seen the hits Geno takes throughout a game?

I wouldn't call him scared at all. 
Quote:Have you seen the hits Geno takes throughout a game?

I wouldn't call him scared at all.

In regards to that one specific play, I would.
[Image: genotakeshit1.gif]

Quote:I hope so but its just funny how one guy stinks and the other guy is great but they will finish with possibly similar stats

Do you always live in a world of hyperbole?
If you looked purely at statistics, you could make a case that Gabbert might be better than blake considering TD/INT and rating....there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Gabbert: 55-117,  655 yds, 4 td's, 2 int, 69.2 rating (0-4 record)

Bortles: 100-150, 940 yds, 3 td's, 8 int, 68.2 rating (1-3 record)

Quote:In regards to that one specific play, I would.

Quote:[Image: genotakeshit1.gif]
I wouldn't. 
Quote:10 ints in 4 1/2 games bro

And there it its.

If that's what you wanted to discuss why waste all those words beating around the bush?
Quote:That doesn't answer the question. When did Bortles ever look as clueless as Geno did in those three GIF's I posted?

But you already know the answer.
 Last game 2 horrid ints
Pages: 1 2