Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jeremiah George
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So it seems like this guy might be taking Poz's place sometime in the future. Does anyone know anything about him?

Nothing in his scouting reports suggest he'd be very valuable outside of ST. 

Quote:COMBINE STATS-----

40 YARD DASH: 4.91 SEC

BENCH PRESS: 28 REPS

VERTICAL JUMP: 33.0 INCH

BROAD JUMP: 116.0 INCH

ANALYSIS

Strengths

Is sudden stepping downhill and flashes some shock in his hands. Plays with urgency and leaves all his energy and effort on the field. Explosive short-area burst. Very good balance and body control. Flows fast to the sideline and has the speed to cut off backs at the corner. Intense, vocal team leader. Good work ethic. Strong for his size -- bench-pressed 225 pounds 28 times at the combine. Is committed to the game and competes hard. Has the makeup of a special-teams terror. Solid pro day showing.

Weaknesses

Marginal size (built like a box safety). Slew-footed. Runs around blocks and takes himself out of plays overpursuing and giving up the cutback. Not stout -- can be run at. Average zone awareness. See-and-go reactor -- late to trigger.

Draft Projection

Rounds 6-7

Bottom Line

Undersized, run-and-hit linebacker most ideally suited for a special-teams role. Lack of size will relegate him to a fast-flowing 4-3 under front, where he could be best on the weak side where action is funneled to him and he has a clean path to the ball.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jeremiah-george?id=2543594'>http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/jeremiah-george?id=2543594</a>

In other words, he's just a guy.
ha, ummmm, I wouldn't hold my breath on this one

From what i've been reading from Gus and reports, JT Thomas will take Poz's place and Watson/Reynolds will move back to Otto. But yeah.....after reading the scouting report, George sounds like JAG.

Quote:So it seems like this guy might be taking Poz's place sometime in the future. Does anyone know anything about him?
Hopefully Watson can finally step in and become the real SAM linebacker that we thought he could be.

Telvin Smith should get more and more snaps, leaving JT Thomas to play MLB.

We will see..
Not expecting much. He's kinda'a bum. 

Quote:Not expecting much. He's kinda'a bum. 
Dat der's some good insight.
4.91? So he's a smaller, slower Poz that can't tackle. Sounds like a real winner here, guys.

So it looks like he might be getting the start. Big opportunity for him here.

After further research:

He was a 5th round pick (jets) with "good short area burst" but a 4.66 - 40 time.  (< Iowa St. pro day - had a bad  4.9 run at combine)  

Poached from jets PS a few weeks ago.  **Already flashed for us last week on ST.  Caldwell apparently scouted him heavily and he was a consideration in our draft. 

Playing him at MLB is considered by many (myself included) more about improving the OTTO with JT Thomas since Watson is banged up and Reynolds has been lackluster. 

[Image: eKkMzU.gif]

Quote:So it looks like he might be getting the start. Big opportunity for him here.

Agree.  I believe they were expecting him to step into a larger role from the moment Poz went down.
Now Gus sounds like he is experimenting with linebacker combinations to get "the best three on the field," including George in the middle. It also sounds like he is just trying to get George on the field while improving the Otto.

10 days ago I had never heard of him, guess he's starting at MLB this week? Changes happen fast in the NFL, hope he's ready.

Quote:10 days ago I had never heard of him, guess he's starting at MLB this week? Changes happen fast in the NFL, hope he's ready.

I don't think Gus said he will keep Thomas at Otto and George at Mike all day. He might try several linebacker rotations at Cincinnati. But it does sound like George will be the Mike for at least one day.
Quote:I don't think Gus said he will keep Thomas at Otto and George at Mike all day. He might try several linebacker rotations at Cincinnati. But it does sound like George will be the Mike for at least one day.
JW, it would be very unconventional to "rotate" players at MLB.   If George gets the start and Thomas takes over, it would probably be because George was playing poorly or not getting the defense into the proper formations. 

While Telvin Smith and Hayes may share duties at will and Thomas/Reynolds may split some duties at OTTO  - I'd expect them to want continuity at MLB unless George isn't getting the job done. 
Quote:JW, it would be very unconventional to "rotate" players at MLB. If George gets the start and Thomas takes over, it would probably be because George was playing poorly or not getting the defense into the proper formations. 

While Telvin Smith and Hayes may share duties at will and Thomas/Reynolds may split some duties at OTTO  - I'd expect them to want continuity at MLB unless George isn't getting the job done. 

I mean just for one game while we figure out who "the best three" linebackers are, not as a regular routine. Why would they do that on the outside but not inside?
Quote:I don't think Gus said he will keep Thomas at Otto and George at Mike all day. He might try several linebacker rotations at Cincinnati. But it does sound like George will be the Mike for at least one day.

It's funny seeing that first sentence with 5 first names in it.

Hey Abbbboooootttttttt.

Who's at Otto

Gus is at Otto

I thought Otto was at Mike

No, Thomas is Mike

That was last week; Thomas is at Otto, George is at Mike

But George is built to play Will

Who is Will? 

Telvin Smith

Oh.
LOL FSG I never thought about that. I've heard of a person with the name Ott, but not Otto.

Against the Dolphins, J.T. Thomas was Mike. Now it sounds like he will go back to Will or Otto.

LOL.  Thomas at Otto, George at Mike, and Smith at Will but I have no idea where Jeremiah, Telvin and JT play. At least one of them is on first I think. 

Pages: 1 2