Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: FS is our biggest need
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Josh Evans is proving to be back-up material. Imagine if we had Landon Collins back there with Cyprien? It's clearly our biggest weakness on defense.

Quote:Josh Evans is proving to be back-up material. Imagine if we had Landon Collins back there with Cyprien? It's clearly our biggest weakness on defense.
What exactly did Evans do that was so bad yesterday?
Quote:Josh Evans is proving to be back-up material. Imagine if we had Landon Collins back there with Cyprien? It's clearly our biggest weakness on defense.

Evans played pretty well yesterday  :whistling:

I guess sometimes it takes those 6th and 7th round second year players time to develop into the starters we hope for them to be.
Quote:What exactly did Evans do that was so bad yesterday?

His coverage skills aren't very tight. He's not bad, like I said, back-up quality, but a great free safety will excel our defense.

He did miss a tackle on that long gain by Hawkins, apart from that he looked ok imo
If reggie nelson panned out we wouldn't have this problem

While I think we've known this for many weeks, it's still true.  Evans looks like decent depth - but  someone who will get exposed in coverage as a starter. 

I'm hoping for Cody Prewitt around the same area of the draft that we drafted Cyp. 

Quote:While I think we've known this for many weeks, it's still true. Evans looks like decent depth - but someone who will get exposed in coverage as a starter.

I'm hoping for Cody Prewitt around the same area of the draft that we drafted Cyp.

Yes please to Cody Prewitt.
Quote:If reggie nelson panned out we wouldn't have this problem
he did pan out, but for the wrong team

Not giving up big plays is a huge role that safeties must attend to.  His 1 on 1 open field angles/tackling/just-making-the-darn-play is suspect at this point.  
Quote:Not giving up big plays is a huge role that safeties must attend to. His 1 on 1 open field angles/tackling/just-making-the-darn-play is suspect at this point.

He gave up 1 big play yesterday.
Quote:He gave up 1 big play yesterday.

And -at least- one in SD.  Is a pattern of giving up big plays a good thing for a safety or am I missing something?  I know he's a late round draft pick in his 2nd year.  Regardless, he is a weakness on an otherwise nice defense right now.  

Actually our biggest need on D is LB and that's before the absence of [BLEEP]. The safety position is good enough w/better play @ LB...

NH3...
Quote:While I think we've known this for many weeks, it's still true.  Evans looks like decent depth - but  someone who will get exposed in coverage as a starter. 

Who's to say that Prewitt will pan out while being the answer?

NH3...
How about spending a little cap room money and picking up Rahim Moore in free agency?  If the Broncos win the super bowl he may be willing to come help a rebuilding team for the right price. 

Yesterday might have been Evans best game as a pro, so what exactly did he do wrong?

FS is a need, but like one poster already said, LB is a bigger need. I would even say LG is a bigger need than FS. We also need to keep addressing the d-line. Clemons and Bryant aren't getting any younger, and Alualu could be upgraded. Maybe not quite as big of a need as FS, but pretty close. You ignore the d-line and allow them to get old and you're in trouble.

Quote:If reggie nelson panned out we wouldn't have this problem
If Pigs could fly Wallbash
we need a shutdown corner bad

Quote:we need a shutdown corner bad
Colvin....

LB is our biggest need.
Pages: 1 2