Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Has Jedd Fisch ruined Blake Bortles Confidence?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I am watching the game yesterday and I could not  help but notice two things, one Blake sure resembles Henne in many ways, the way he looks for the check downs way too often. And that he almost looks like he is is throwing scared. I get the feeling Fisch is ruining this kid by NOT letting him be Blake Bortles and trying to make him into something he is not.. I personally do not like the way Jedd Fisch is handling this offense and this QB. I know everyone says he is a freaking genius, but I don't see it, and I fear he is ruining this kid...

Just stop it.
Quote:I am watching the game yesterday and I could not  help but notice two things, one Blake sure resembles Henne in many ways, the way he looks for the check downs way too often. And that he almost looks like he is is throwing scared. I get the feeling Fisch is ruining this kid by NOT letting him be Blake Bortles and trying to make him into something he is not.. I personally do not like the way Jedd Fisch is handling this offense and this QB. I know everyone says he is a freaking genius, but I don't see it, and I fear he is ruining this kid...

Oh, come on.   You sound like the Tebow fans who blamed his coaches for not letting Tebow "be Tebow."  

And believe me, he's not looking for the checkdowns, he's chucking the ball downfield to WRs who are covered way too often. 

Quote:I am watching the game yesterday and I could not  help but notice two things, one Blake sure resembles Henne in many ways, the way he looks for the check downs way too often. And that he almost looks like he is is throwing scared. I get the feeling Fisch is ruining this kid by NOT letting him be Blake Bortles and trying to make him into something he is not.. I personally do not like the way Jedd Fisch is handling this offense and this QB. I know everyone says he is a freaking genius, but I don't see it, and I fear he is ruining this kid...

we tod did
Quote:Just stop it.

+1
[Image: 4OVLKQc.gif]

Offensive line isn't helping either.  29 sacks allowed leads the NFL.

Quote:Oh, come on.   You sound like the Tebow fans who blamed his coaches for not letting Tebow "be Tebow."  

And believe me, he's not looking for the checkdowns, he's chucking the ball downfield to WRs who are covered way too often. 
Some of it is the WRs fault.. yet again this week i saw D-Rob cause an Interception by stopping to run the route...

why on earthy dont they just keep d-rob as a running back??? he does good doing that... screen passes are fine but stop having him run routes down the field..
Quote:Offensive line isn't helping either.  29 sacks allowed leads the NFL.
Chad Henne wouldn't have won last week he wouldnt have gotten a first down... sure he wouldnt have thrown any interceptions but he surely wouldnt have thrown a touchdown either.
Guess that 80 yard 2 minute drill was horrifying.

He's not throwing scared. He's throwing to guys who can't make a play yet.

They even asked Fisch why we don't run a no huddle 2 min style offense all the time bc that's Bortles strength and he said it's because the receivers can't handle it yet.
Quote:Chad Henne wouldn't have won last week he wouldnt have gotten a first down... sure he wouldnt have thrown any interceptions but he surely wouldnt have thrown a touchdown either.

That touchdown was more because the receiver did an outstanding job getting YAC after the play then the throw... lets be honest..

[Image: Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-stands.gif]
I think sometimes the OC has put him into bad situations and i see frustration on Blakes part but they arent really holding him back.

I will say it appeared his body language wasnt exactly happy after some of those 2nd down runs. It seemed like every 2 and 8 or more we ran it again. I understand you want to shorten the 3rd down but you cant rinse and repeat it the browns started clicking to it leading to a ton of 3 and 10s .
Quote:Just stop it.

+1
Quote:That touchdown was more because the receiver did an outstanding job getting YAC after the play then the throw... lets be honest..
I knew Allen Robinson was going to get a touchdown in this game he was overdue based on his performance.

You could say that about most QBs in the league, that's why a lot of people go on QB rating instead of other stats.
WOW...

Another QB "ruined" by our crap coaches for sure.  :whistling:

But seriously...

I didn't save the DVR to go back and look at it, but it seemed to me like Blake's footwork wasn't good in the first half.  That usually isn't a problem for him, but that seemed to catch my eye.  He seemed anxious, and not because of pressure.  Just as if he was up for the game and wasn't settled in yet.

If there's one thing Blake does NOT look like it's scared.  

Quote:Another QB "ruined" by our crap coaches for sure.  :whistling:

But seriously...

I didn't save the DVR to go back and look at it, but it seemed to me like Blake's footwork wasn't good in the first half.  That usually isn't a problem for him, but that seemed to catch my eye.  He seemed anxious, and not because of pressure.  Just as if he was up for the game and wasn't settled in yet.

Maybe, I hope I am way off, he just looked scared yesterday. That was the impression I, I repeat, I Got...
Quote:I am watching the game yesterday and I could not help but notice two things, one Blake sure resembles Henne in many ways, the way he looks for the check downs way too often. ...

Your trollin right

Bortles barely ever checks it down

what he does do is state down his number one read but that is a product of young QB and needing to get the ball out quick
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5