Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roy Miller
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This guy healthy is a big part of why our run D has looked much better lately. His last year in Tampa they were number 1 against the run. Red Bryant has also made a huge impact in our run D but a healthy Miller has played just as big a part and hopefully we can get him resigned before season end
Quote:This guy healthy is a big part of why our run D has looked much better lately. His last year in Tampa they were number 1 against the run. Red Bryant has also made a huge impact in our run D but a healthy Miller has played just as big a part and hopefully we can get him resigned before season end

Definitely, he and Bryant are 700 lbs of running back predators.
And Abry Jones has had a nice stretch as well. A good find for that rotation.

Quote:Definitely, he and Bryant are 700 lbs of running back predators.
He was my breakout guy this year in a thread way back when

he has been impressive but I was still wrong

His back up abry Jones has been a monster thus far hope it continues

I think our d line is a dominant pass rusher away from being the best in NFL in talent and depth
Quote:And Abry Jones has had a nice stretch as well. A good find for that rotation.
yeah, what year is he signed through? Alu is the weak link
"Get off the field!"
GET OFF THE FIELD!

I love the presence he and Sen ' Derrick have brought to the defense. Nothing like Henderstroud, but definitely the best since then. Both were great yesterday. Great leaders
Still dont get some of the hate for this guy.  He has been one of our best players on D this year.  He is the biggest reason why we are ranked 1st in rush defense average per rush at 3.2 yrds a carry

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?t...RAGE_YARDS

Good article on him

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Edit...ea0db65f68

Why would anyone hate on Roy? Guess they don't watch the games.

A true NT. He holds the point and clogs the running lanes. He's having a really good year this year.

?Knarn? How do you feel about AluAlu?
Quote:A true NT. He holds the point and clogs the running lanes. He's having a really good year this year.

He is also consistently getting pretty good penetration which is helping tremendously. When he's "on" he is a tough guy to move/block.
Quote:?Knarn? How do you feel about AluAlu?

Why did you mention that name? Now Joe and Trunt87 will be all over this thread....

Alualu is doing what a back up does. He's playing technically sound football in his limited snaps but nothing flashy or stat worthy. He's not getting beat so he has that going for him.
Quote:Why would anyone hate on Roy? Guess they don't watch the games.

Roy is playing as well as can be expected. I don't mean to hate on him because I know he's giving his all, but I have seen him pushed around a little and I don't see him creating havoc in the backfield. I keep thinking if the Jaguars had BJ Raji or Damon Harrison in his spot they'd be even better.

Caldwell brought Roy in to replace Terrance Knighton, a Gene Smith guy, but I feel like the jury is still out if he's truly an upgrade. We'll see. I know Gus was just raving about Roy so maybe well see him stand out more with Sen'Derrick finally getting his feet under him in games.

He's a monster.....especially when Marks is in there with him.

Now the D line needs to get its pass rush together.

Then we have a one-two punch.  :devil:  :yes:

Damo Harrison will likely be on the market in the off season
Quote:Roy is playing as well as can be expected. I don't mean to hate on him because I know he's giving his all, but I have seen him pushed around a little and I don't see him creating havoc in the backfield. I keep thinking if the Jaguars had BJ Raji or Damon Harrison in his spot they'd be even better.

Caldwell brought Roy in to replace Terrance Knighton, a Gene Smith guy, but I feel like the jury is still out if he's truly an upgrade. We'll see. I know Gus was just raving about Roy so maybe well see him stand out more with Sen'Derrick finally getting his feet under him in games.

I caaaaaann preeeeetty much guarantee you that every NT in the NFL gets pushed around a bit. You realisticly can't expect our players to literally play perfect can you?
Run defense hasn stepped up since the beginning of the year. Pass Rush and the DBS are still problems though

Quote:Why would anyone hate on Roy? Guess they don't watch the games.

I watched him against the Bucs. He was a non-factor and the run defense was abysmal.

Pages: 1 2