Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: thanks for the help brownies!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my 'STATING THE OBVIOUS' saying for today; winning is better than losing!

Yup. No question about it. I'm really glad we finally got that monkey off our back. I think that the team had it's struggles, but it did enough good stuff to win....

I also have to point out that the Cleveland Browns did indeed help us with all aspects of their game yesterday too. Coaching  'ineptitude' special team buffoonery, offensive sluggishness, and defense. Their defense actually did make some pretty good plays, but between the impotent offense and... how else can one say it... dumb... coaching decisions, the outcome of this game was almost inevitable. Wow, the browns really missed their pro bowl center yesterday; without him they had virtually no running game. Without a running game they had virtually no offense; (and we know how important the running game is to a struggling offense).

And then there was the guy back there to receive the punt from Anger. That was like watching a scene from 'The Simpsons'....DOO!!! I just want to thank that guy; that was the funniest thing I've seen in a professional sporting event in a long time and was truly entertaining.... and oh yeah, for the 6 points for us that followed shortly after it. 

As pointed out in another thread, we won not because the Clowns helped us, but by capitalizing on their mistakes. None of their stupidity and clumsiness would matter if if was not followed by the Jaguars taking advantage of the opportunities.

Announcers showed a graphic yesterday that showed how the Browns turned Blake's three pics into 3 points while Jags turned a pick and two fumbles into 17 points.  Kudos for the defense for clamping down, especially in the red zone and bailing the offense out. 

Quote:Announcers showed a graphic yesterday that showed how the Browns turned Blake's three pics into 3 points while Jags turned a pick and two fumbles into 17 points.  Kudos for the defense for clamping down, especially in the red zone and bailing the offense out. 

Gus Bradley talked about getting better field position by creating turnovers last week. Yesterday we saw the results.  Smile
Quote:Here is my 'STATING THE OBVIOUS' saying for today; winning is better than losing!

Yup. No question about it. I'm really glad we finally got that monkey off our back. I think that the team had it's struggles, but it did enough good stuff to win....

I also have to point out that the Cleveland Browns did indeed help us with all aspects of their game yesterday too. Coaching  'ineptitude' special team buffoonery, offensive sluggishness, and defense. Their defense actually did make some pretty good plays, but between the impotent offense and... how else can one say it... dumb... coaching decisions, the outcome of this game was almost inevitable. Wow, the browns really missed their pro bowl center yesterday; without him they had virtually no running game. Without a running game they had virtually no offense; (and we know how important the running game is to a struggling offense).

And then there was the guy back there to receive the punt from Anger. That was like watching a scene from 'The Simpsons'....DOO!!! I just want to thank that guy; that was the funniest thing I've seen in a professional sporting event in a long time and was truly entertaining.... and oh yeah, for the 6 points for us that followed shortly after it. 

Be careful on this MB.  People don't like reality.  I agree with you.
Quote:Be careful on this MB.  People don't like reality.  I agree with you.
I will consider myself put on notice and soundly rebuked for 'hitting a man when he is down'. Actually, I shouldn't be saying anything about the browns anyway.... they've still got a better record than the Jags.

.... that one poor 'ol boy trying to catch a punt inside the 5 yard line (what was he thinking anyway?)... it was like.. hmmmmmmm....boink! ...DOH!!! I bet he isn't too popular back in Cleveland right now...
Quote:Be careful on this MB.  People don't like reality.  I agree with you.

YOU don't like reality. The reality is we are getting better every day. If you don't want to believe that, let me introduce you to Mr. Iggy.
Im glad the monkey is off our backs. Now lets win some more Big Grin

Quote:I'm glad the monkey is off our backs. Now let's win some more.

Starting next week against the Dolphins. I see no reason we can't do it.