Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We have found our RB. Thanks Slowby
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
An amazing performance.

22 carries 127 yards and a touch.

Credit that offensive line. Now we have balance. Watchout!
It is very sad how disappointing Sloby has been this year.

He will be either a FB or outta the league next year. See ya
Early on he had a bunch of 1 yrd runs and I was like "ok, its the line"

Then broke one for like ten yds and fumbled and I said "at least he got some yards" but after the stutterstep loss of yards on 4th and1 with no effort to crash the pile, jump over it or cut outside, I was ready to see the other rbs get a chance.
Was only a matter of time before D Rob showed his skills. Hes 2 more big games away from me getting his jersey lol
If said it all along, he has homerun ability. He can get back against the grain.

He played his tail off. Game ball
Best thing about it is the runs he had werent perfect blocking where all he had to do was run through a gaping path.

denard showed impressive vission, burst and elusiveness in the hole, and great intelligence in setting up blockers and defenders to bis advantage. Ideal scenario is he takes over 1st and 2nd down and Toby is the 3rd down back and spell.
What you guys don't realize is that we forced Cleveland to spend the entire game in the nickle defense by playing 3 WRs and a TE, when they had backup players on their defensive line.  Kudos to Fisch for that move.  That made the run blocking a little easier this week. 

I'm not knocking Denard, but you guys need to lighten up on Toby Gerhart.   There's a very good chance he comes back and is a valuable contributor to this team. 

Quote:What you guys don't realize is that we forced Cleveland to spend the entire game in the nickle defense by playing 3 WRs and a TE, when they had backup players on their defensive line.  Kudos to Fisch for that move.  That made the run blocking a little easier this week. 

I'm not knocking Denard, but you guys need to lighten up on Toby Gerhart.   There's a very good chance he comes back and is a valuable contributor to this team.

This. The habit of this board in singling out a single player or coach as the scapegoat for all the team's ills makes several of you seem like 10 year olds or simpletons. Gerhart's been playing injured since week 1 and no one else did squat the first 6 weeks in his place. Lets not act like Gerhart was keeping Jim Brown on the bench.
Quote:There's a very good chance he comes back and is a valuable contributor to this team.

Just no
Quote:This. The habit of this board in singling out a single player or coach as the scapegoat for all the team's ills makes several of you seem like 10 year olds or simpletons. Gerhart's been playing injured since week 1 and no one else did squat the first 6 weeks in his place. Lets not act like Gerhart was keeping Jim Brown on the bench.

DRob proved he is the starter going forward, if Slowby wants to mop up while DRob gets a rest then ok.

Lets not act like Slowby is Jim Brown either.
Quote:DRob proved he is the starter going forward, if Slowby wants to mop up while DRob gets a rest then ok.

This
It was one game. 

Gerhart has been playing injured since week 1, also. 

I'd caution against making too much out of this one game for Denard. Lets see what happens in the weeks going forward. 

Quote:It was one game.

Gerhart has been playing injured since week 1, also.

I'd caution against making too much out of this one game for Denard. Lets see what happens in the weeks going forward.
Man after the abysmal games by Slowby,Ill take DRob over him any Sunday

Injured or not. Excuses are for whimps. This is football everybody is injured in some way.
Quote:DRob proved he is the starter going forward, if Slowby wants to mop up while DRob gets a rest then ok.

We dont know what Gerhart is, he had to run behind the ineffective line who didnt help any other back do well either. I think we'll see a diffeent guy when his ankle heals up. Of course I want all our players to be good, I'm not into name calling and insults of our team so i can make myself feel good on a message board.
Quote:We dont know what Gerhart is, he had to run behind the ineffective line who didnt help any other back do well either. I think we'll see a diffeent guy when his ankle heals up. Of course I want all our players to be good, I'm not into name calling and insults of our team so i can make myself feel good on a message board.

Oh yes, we know what he is. He is now a back up.

Look man, DRob is now the man.
when his injury is all healed up he will still be slower than the 31 other starters in the league and arguably slower than all the backups. He isnt powerful like Hillis and I wouldnt want Hillis either. Slowby was just a bad signing but luckily we seem to have a RB that can be productive. Forsett and Jennings look good and keeping either of them would have been better than signing this FB
What exactly makes people think Toby is better in a zbs than denard? If we were talkig bout a downhill power team MAYBE you could make an argument.
When D Rob was struggling with his injury last year (recovering from pinched nerves in his arm), I didn't see many saying to cut him slack because he struggled with fumbling and catching ball...
Quote:What exactly makes people think Toby is better in a zbs than denard? If we were talkig bout a downhill power team MAYBE you could make an argument.

I'm not saying Toby is better than Denard. I'd just caution from proclaiming our run game as fixed after this one game. Denard has also struggled in YPC prior to this, so I'm taking a wait & see attitude until YPC like yesterday becomes a trend for Denard. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4