Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rookies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it was NFL Network, when they played the highlights, kept saying the Jags are playing a lot of rookies.  When you think about it, did any of our draft choices this year NOT contribute to the win? 

Bortles- started at QB

Bowanko- started at C

Linder- started at G

Robinson- started at WR and had a TD

Storm Johnson- had a TD

Telvin Smith had a big day

Marqise Lee had some touches

Plus undrafted rookie Hurns caught a ball. 

Okay, Chris Smith is on the practice squad I think, and Colvin hasn't played yet, but if you think of all the rookies who either started or played in that win yesterday, it's pretty amazing.   The one word that kept coming up in the highlights on TV was "rookie."   Or "another rookie." 

And then look at the 2nd year players who played yesterday. 

Joeckel started

Cyprien started

Gratz played some

Ace Sanders played

Denard started and had over 100 yards rushing

Josh Evans started

Jeremy Harris is not on the team

Demetrius McCray started

That's a lot of young players starting and making major contributions. 

It's pretty amazing. Which is why I could never understand the people saying to fire the coaches or we only have Bortles.

The team is so ridiculously young and you can see them getting better every week. It's finally coming together. The end of this season and next season will be special to watch.
Quote:It's pretty amazing. Which is why I could never understand the people saying to fire the coaches or we only have Bortles.

The team is so ridiculously young and you can see them getting better every week. It's finally coming together. The end of this season and next season will be special to watch.

I think this is the reason we're not spending to the salary cap.   We're saving our cap space for when these guys need new contracts.   We don't want to have to cut players for cap reasons when we are trying to build a young team from the ground up.  I don't think we'll reach the cap limit for about 2 or 3 more years.  

Just think, if we continue to draft well, in a couple more years we could have a very talented team.  
Harris isn't on the team?
Quote:Harris isn't on the team?

Sorry, my mistake.  He is on the team. 
Quote:I think it was NFL Network, when they played the highlights, kept saying the Jags are playing a lot of rookies.  When you think about it, did any of our draft choices this year NOT contribute to the win? 

Bortles- started at QB

Bowanko- started at C

Linder- started at G

Storm Johnson- had a TD

Okay, Chris Smith is on the practice squad I think, and Colvin hasn't played yet, but if you think of all the rookies who either started or played in that win yesterday, it's pretty amazing.   The one word that kept coming up in the highlights on TV was "rookie."   Or "another rookie." 

Joeckel started

Cyprien started

Gratz played some

Ace Sanders played

Josh Evans started

Demetrius McCray started

Jeremy Harris is on the team he was inactive yesterday.
Quote:I think it was NFL Network, when they played the highlights, kept saying the Jags are playing a lot of rookies.  When you think about it, did any of our draft choices this year NOT contribute to the win? 

Bortles- started at QB

Bowanko- started at C

Linder- started at G

Storm Johnson- had a TD

Joeckel started

Cyprien started

Gratz played some

Ace Sanders played

Josh Evans started

Demetrius McCray started

Bortles- started at QB

Bowanko- started at C

Linder- started at G

Storm Johnson- had a TD

Joeckel started

Cyprien started

Gratz played some

Ace Sanders played

Josh Evans started

Demetrius McCray started

Josh Evans messed up big time couldve cost them a touchdown...

I felt out of all the rookies Telvin Smith was the star of this game!
Were young and rising
I was impressed with Hurns making a comeback route to get a first down. Earlier this season I don't think he makes a heads up play like that
Quote:I was impressed with Hurns making a comeback route to get a first down. Earlier this season I don't think he makes a heads up play like that

And little things like that add up over an entire season.
Quote:It's pretty amazing. Which is why I could never understand the people saying that Caldwell hasn't improved the talent level on this roster. 

fixed. 
Quote:fixed.

Gratz played a good game yesterday. He was right on his man every time Hoyer challenged to his side.

What did you think?
Caldwell, he good.
This is a young team with young depth.  Look at players from later in the drafts that are serious contributors.  Some of my highest hopes are for players like Bowanko, McCray, Linder, Hurns to be around for a long time as a nucleus for this team.  

Quote:Gratz played a good game yesterday. He was right on his man every time Hoyer challenged to his side.

What did you think?

I didn't notice any glaring mistakes by Gratz yesterday so thats good and suggests he did his job when he was in there. 

Lets see it continue this week vs Miami...
Quote:Jeremy Harris is on the team he was inactive yesterday.

I did not know we had a guy named Jeremy Harris.
Quote:I did not know we had a guy named Jeremy Harris.

Late round pick CB from last years draft.  Wears #31 if I recall correctly.