Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I think the season maybe turning...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From what we have seen the past couple weeks I really think that this season may be turning for the good guys.

Don't get me wrong i don't think we make the playoffs or anything like that. But if we can take 5 or 6 of these last nine and continue to play competitively I think things may set up nicely for next year...

What do you guys think? would that be enough to make Fans happy around here?
The Jaguars need wins, and I think we will get around 3-4 wins this year. We will probably get more next year, though.

Baby steps. It took this long because we had too many problems to fix everything in September and the previous two weeks we were closing in on our first win. Now Blake Bortles and the defense need to excel on the same day and Denard Robinson needs to be named the permanent starter at running back. But I am going to follow the 24-hour rule and enjoy the win before worrying about Miami.

I'm sure this has been posted already, but...

Jaguars point differential for the last 5 weeks:

+18

That's a pretty clear illustration of our improvement.
Quote:From what we have seen the past couple weeks I really think that this season may be turning for the good guys.

Don't get me wrong i don't think we make the playoffs or anything like that. But if we can take 5 or 6 of these last nine and continue to play competitively I think things may set up nicely for next year...

What do you guys think? would that be enough to make Fans happy around here?

I posted at the time that I thought they'd turned a little bit of a corner in San Diego.  Even though they didn't get a win until this week, you could see that the team was making progress.  I think the biggest issues are still issues (notably the OL and the defensive secondary), but those groups are getting more attention from the coaching staff and are playing better.  I think another off season and Caldwell will be able to add some help to those areas.  Not sure how many more wins we'll get (4 maybe?) but I think things will generally be a lot more competitive from here on out and to be honest, that's what most of us expected for this year (or should have expected anyway).

Quote:I'm sure this has been posted already, but...

+18

So following that trend, we should beat the Dolphins by 20 points.
Quote:So following that trend, we should beat the Dolphins by 20 points.

or 38 points

Quote:Baby steps. It took this long because we had too many problems to fix everything in September and the previous two weeks we were closing in on our first win. Now Blake Bortles and the defense need to excel on the same day and Denard Robinson needs to be named the permanent starter at running back. But I am going to follow the 24-hour rule and enjoy the win before worrying about Miami.
I'd be shocked if Toby gets the starting job back when he returns. DRob is just flat out better.

Defense will struggle this week without Poz for the first time but I think after the Bye week, They will be in form.

The most intriguing thing I'm watching the rest of the season is Bortles and his chemistry with the young WRs.
Quote:I'd be shocked if Toby gets the starting job back when he returns. DRob is just flat out better.

Defense will struggle this week without Poz for the first time but I think after the bye week, they will be in form.

The most intriguing thing I'm watching the rest of the season is Bortles and his chemistry with the young WRs.

I am not worried about Toby Gerhart getting the starting job back, but want to hear Gus Bradley say Denard Robinson is the new starter.

The defense should be OK after practicing a whole week without Poz and Branch because they kept doing their jobs in the fourth quarter.
We're improving, that's certain. Poz is going to be badly missed though and will certainly add to the void in the seam.

With him, I think Miami was beatable, without him, it's a much bigger question mark. This week BB will have to step up point production.
Quote:We're improving, that's certain. Poz is going to be badly missed though and will certainly add to the void in the seam.

With him, I think Miami was beatable, without him, it's a much bigger question mark. This week BB will have to step up point production.
Tannehill is so hit or miss that it all really depends on him.

They have some pretty good weapons in Clay, Wallace, Miller and Hartline but it all falls to Tannehill. We do need to come out strong and we can't leave points on the board when we get in the redzone. Can't keep turning the ball over there.
Quote:So following that trend, we should beat the Dolphins by 20 points.
And win out...

And make the post season as a wild card with a 10-6 record....

and in week 17 the score would be like 106-12
Quote:Tannehill is so hit or miss that it all really depends on him.

They have some pretty good weapons in Clay, Wallace, Miller and Hartline but it all falls to Tannehill. We do need to come out strong and we can't leave points on the board when we get in the redzone. Can't keep turning the ball over there.
With our D playing really well I'm not worried about them, especially since they are without Moreno.

Their D is pretty darned good.
Quote:And win out...

And make the post season as a wild card with a 10-6 record....

and in week 17 the score would be like 106-12

You say this as if it's unlikely.
Quote:With our D playing really well I'm not worried about them, especially since they are without Moreno.

Their D is pretty darned good.

You have to be concerned about the middle linebacker. I had never heard of the guy Gus Bradley named as a possible replacement and J.T. Thomas is moving from the outside. But we will be OK on the defensive line without Andre Branch, so I am not worried about that.
Quote:The Jaguars need wins, and I think we will get around 3-4 wins this year. We will probably get more next year, though.

I read this exact statement last year on this MB, just from another poster.
Quote:I'm sure this has been posted already, but...

+18

SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!  Don't use logic like that around here.  It spooks the local natives.