Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Getting better everyday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think today you got a chance to witness first hand what Gus's mantra is all about. You saw it begin to click against Pittsburgh, then we lost a nailbitter in the final seconds against Tennessee and today they were able to put it all together. The O-Line is gelling, the CBs are covering tighter, we are eliminating the big plays, the WRs are running better routes, the RBs are finding the holes.

Progression.

Once Blake begins to figure it out this team may finally start stacking up the W's. Here's hoping it carries on for the rest of the season.
I'm skeptical.. Let's see some consistency first..

Yeah we've seen the team, or at least the defense, get consistently better the past three weeks. Let's hope this trend continues.
And with some Injuries that we've sustained, let's see if we can show some resilience.

Quote:I think today you got a chance to witness first hand what Gus's mantra is all about. You saw it begin to click against Pittsburgh, then we lost a nailbitter in the final seconds against Tennessee and today they were able to put it all together. The O-Line is gelling, the CBs are covering tighter, we are eliminating the big plays, the WRs are running better routes, the RBs are finding the holes.

Progression.

Once Blake begins to figure it out this team may finally start stacking up the W's. Here's hoping it carries on for the rest of the season.

While I do think the team is improving, its far too early to start saying that we are "getting there".

Let's keep in mind that Cleveland was also another team we beat last season. Yes, we were playing with a rookie QB who probably had his worst game so far...but we also got benefit of a very lucky muffed punt, a questionable fumble/recovery, and some (IMO) risky gambles by the Browns on 4th and 1 when they should have taken points/punted.

Simply put...A LOT had to happen in our favor to get this win.

Quote:While I do think the team is improving, its far too early to start saying that we are "getting there".

Let's keep in mind that Cleveland was also another team we beat last season. Yes, we were playing with a rookie QB who probably had his worst game so far...but we also got benefit of a very lucky muffed punt, a questionable fumble/recovery, and some (IMO) risky gambles by the Browns on 4th and 1 when they should have taken points/punted.

We took ADVANTAGE of the opportunities as they presented themselves. That's what the good teams around the league do.

Keep in mind we also gave the ball away 3 times and still found a way to win. We didn't give up a single TD (the Browns haven't scored less than 21 points all season until today) and we held a top 10 rushing team to pedestrian yardage. We took the lead and didn't look back. We FINISHED the game. All things we struggled with since week 1.
Quote:While I do think the team is improving, its far too early to start saying that we are "getting there".

The Jags made their fair share of mistakes also. 

The difference between the two teams was that Jax capitalized and Cleveland didn't.

We had an int returned to our own 17. We also thew an int on the 14 yard line, well within field goal range.

We weren't the only team that benefited from some plays going their way.