Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Luke Joeckel was dominant today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Nice bounce-back game for him.  He was the main guy we rushed behind for our two rushing TDs, and he did an overall good job protecting Blake.  

I saw him drive his guy back 5+ yards multiple times today.  He showed a mean streak almost.  

He played lights out today.  Was happy to see that. 
Who was he blocking most of the game? I saw late in the game one of the browns were getting frustrated and got in Joeckels face.
I complained about one whiff on third and short early on. After that he played his butt off.

Credit where due.
Didn't key in on him often - but saw him moving his guy a few times quite well.  Not sure about "dominant," but like I said, I didn't watch him closely. 

The Shoelace TD is a good example of  him run blocking very well. 

I was gonna ask about him since i didn't get to watch the game.  Good news is just flowing from this game!  Now if Blake can just pull it together, 2015 could be very very interesting.

I actually was too much in a state of shock to pay attention.... We won!

Shhhhhhh....he is supposed to be a bust....don't tell anyone.
Quote:Didn't key in on him often - but saw him moving his guy a few times quite well.  Not sure about "dominant," but like I said, I didn't watch him closely. 

The Shoelace TD is a good example of  him run blocking very well. 

Honestly, it looked like our G/T combo really took it to them in the edges. Just off my memory from watching the game, it seemed like our bigger runs came off either right/left edges
He was getting under #75s skin pretty decent. At one point he was giving him the "u mad bro?" Look while they were shoving after the play.
He had a good game but hold the horses. Clevelands front was second stringers, also the biggest run I saw was Denard started to the left, it was blocked and he cut it back and went through a hole on the right(which obviously isnt Joeckel).

I have a better feeling about the right side than the left for some reason, despite all the money we paid for the left side. The line in general seems to be settling down and that is good news.

Do we beg for Blaine to come back now? :teehee:

I have no complaints about Joeckel today.  He played well.  I wouldn't call it dominant, however.  They all played well.  Bowanko whiffed a few times, but I didn't feel like he hurt the team with his overall play.  Most of the pressure that I saw was from either Harbor or bad blocking assignments that allowed free rushers (impossible to know whether it was on the QB, coach, or line).

Speaking of Bowanko, what is the injury that temporarily knocked him out:?

Quote:Speaking of Bowanko, what is the injury that temporarily knocked him out:?

Ankle concussion.
I don't usually watch the OL closely until I re-watch on the DVR. My impression during the game was that the OL in general played pretty well but there was to much pressure on Bortles at times. Maybe that was just perception. I didn't notice any obvious mistakes which is usually a good thing with offensive linemen.
The promising thing about the Oline is that they are YOUNG!Two rookies starting and gaining experience.

Loving it
Sunday morning I was coming back from San Antonio with a layover in Dallas. Right before I boarded my flight an older man stopped me and asked if I was a Jag fan (I had a Jag shirt on). Turns out I was sitting by Joeckel's parents and grandparents. Joeckel's grandma then told me that we were going to win. Good call, Grandma Joeckel.
Quote:Sunday morning I was coming back from San Antonio with a layover in Dallas. Right before I boarded my flight an older man stopped me and asked if I was a Jag fan (I had a Jag shirt on). Turns out I was sitting by Joeckel's parents and grandparents. Joeckel's grandma then told me that we were going to win. Good call, Grandma Joeckel.

Awesome story, go Grandma Joeckel!

I re-watched the game and I thought he played better but I can't quite use the word dominant. A good solid performance though.

Also, PFF has 4 of 5 lineman graded positively for those that care. The negative came from Bowanko with a -.5 grade.
Quote:Awesome story, go Grandma Joeckel!

I re-watched the game and I thought he played better but I can't quite use the word dominant. A good solid performance though.

Also, PFF has 4 of 5 lineman graded positively for those that care. The negative came from Bowanko with a -.5 grade.

What about Jacques McClendon? He had to come in for a few snaps in the second half.

Could Luke Bowanko's injury have anything to do with the negative grade?
Pages: 1 2