Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: INT Party, come on in.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else firmly believe as you're watching.. that everytime things start looking great... Bortles will throw another INT?

Flaws in his game.. or Rookie mistakes? (adding up quick)

Also.. Bradley should spend less time with his hands on his knees. :teehee:

He had a rookie day. It's expected. He brought us down in the end for some nice drive. D played outstanding today.
He wasn't a turnover machine in college, so I think he'll be alright.

I think it's a byproduct of him being a playmaker and wanting to be a playmaker, so he takes chances.

He will learn what to do and what not to do... the first INT he was hit as he was throwing, the 2nd he throws off his back foot, the 3rd he shouldn't have even thought about throwing it.... but none of those seem like it's a mistake he won't be able to overcome.

I love the guy.. truly.. but darn it, i hate INT's even more. especially stupid ones...

Patience is the better part of valour.
Quote:Patience is the better part of valour.

For us too. He's a rookie. These days are going to happen. Be patient and let him work it out.
I think he'll always have a high int to td ratio. But I do believe it will be less than what it is now. On another note that spin move he did was nasty.
Peyton had the same issue... Lets just wait n see
He is a rookie QB playing his first rookie season throwing to rookie receivers. I think we can give him a pass this season for any learning interceptions. Part of the process, enjoy the ride and most importantly enjoy the win today.
It is very easy to see who has watched a lot of football and who hasn't.
Quote:I think he'll always have a high int to td ratio. But I do believe it will be less than what it is now. On another note that spin move he did was nasty.
That move should have made ESPN highlights

Rookie mistakes

He's figuring himself out. We have no worried with Bortles.
Quote:Rookie mistakes

Most of them have been this^

He's made a few poor decisions and he's stared down a coupe of WR's.  INTs may very well be an issue throughout his career but as he learns and the offensive weapons increase the TDs should outweigh the negatives.

His INTs are the least of my worries with this team at the current moment.

The game is still fast for him, and he's learning how good NFL cb's are...He's throwing to rookie receivers and behind a line he probably doesn't fully trust yet.

I don't care about any of that. This whole season should be about pushing him to see what he can and can't do. Let the INTs come. He has the potential to be good. Next season game plan to his strengths.
He should have had 2 other picks, Shorts and Robinson finally helped him out
1st pick was a rookie mistake. 2nd wasnt really his fault. 3rd was just a dumb move I dont think he ever does again. Im not overly worried considering he has shown a lot of promise in other games. It was expected he was going to struggle against a complex defense that CLE runs
Not worried in the least. He has to try these types of throws and im glad that he does and has the mentality to grow from it.

He was pissed at himself for the third int which is another positive sign imo. He is a true competitor and probably flames himself harder than any of us ever will.

He is a young feisty pit pup thats been thrown in with the big dogs and he doesnt exactly have a veteran pack around him for support. Of course he's gonna get nipped going for the food bowl but wait till he is ready to bite back all the scrapping will make him stronger for it.
Can I ask a question if Blaine Gabbert threw 10 Int in 4 games his rookie year would the fan base have had this God like patience ? or would

they have run him out of town?

Quote:1st pick was a rookie mistake. 2nd wasnt really his fault. 3rd was just a dumb move I dont think he ever does again. Im not overly worried considering he has shown a lot of promise in other games. It was expected he was going to struggle against a complex defense that CLE runs

Are you mixing the order of the interceptions up? The only interception I'm overly worried about is the 2nd, which you deem "wasn't really his fault." That interception was him rushing a throw off his backfoot to try to beat a blitz. I've been outspoken about my biggest fear for Bortles being him developing a lack of trust in his O-Line or having his internal QB clock get messed with due to being hit early and often. Seeing him rush his decision and throw, leading to a throw with poor mechanics and an interception is basically everything I'm worried about with him. Hopefully that isn't frequent.

The first sack his arm was hit as he was throwing because Harbor got abused. That's the one that I don't blame Bortles for.  :confused: 

The third looked like him overthinking; he had room to run but instead decided to toss it for no real reason. I can only imagine he was thinking too much about what he should be doing as opposed to just reacting to what the defense was giving him. I'm not overly worried about that either; I trust that as Bortles continues playing the game will start to slow down for him and those types of decisions will become less frequent.  Until then though, we'll probably continue to see some boneheaded rookie mistakes. Its what you get when you play a rookie. 
Quote:Can I ask a question if Blaine Gabbert threw 10 Int in 4 games his rookie year would the fan base have had this God like patience ? or would

they have run him out of town?

If he could move the ball more ints would have been accepted
Pages: 1 2