Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trade Toby Gerhart?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With the emergence of Robinson and Storm Johnson and the recent injuries to Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller should Dave try to trade Gerhart? The Bills could be in major trouble on the RB front and may bite on trading for Gerhart.
Nobody wants slowby
Nobody would sign him if we cut him, why would anyone trade for him?

Hes is right up there wit Hugh Douglas as one of the top free agent busts we've brought in. Some may say we haven't seen enough of him yet but I dont even want to. Itll just take carries away from the real talent.
I wouldn't say that a guy (Storm) with essentially the same ypc as Gerhart has emerged. He's average at best.

Well Dave did con SF into giving up something for Gabby, maybe he can take some incriminating photos of another gm and force them to drop a 5th for Slowby. 

The best way to get a 7th-round pick for Amelia would be to offer him and a 6th in trade.

HA !!!  That was good..... getting a 7th rounder by offering slowby and a 6th rounder.

I thing Dave is trying to trade him.  I just saw this posted on Craigslist:

"Offering Slow, Hurt, RB averaging 2.6 yards per carry for a 7th round pick."

I bet Dave could get a 6 rd pick for Slowby. Lol
Maybe Fisch can take him with,  when he leaves.

I would not be against this if some how we found someone to take him..

Its funny, all the backs were awful early on, but Gerhart is the only one getting this treatment. Mob mentality at its finest.
Nobody would trade for Shaun Alexander after his record setting years.  Who would trade for Toby 'no hole' Gerhart?

We have no trade candidates on the roster. 

Though if Dave could trade him, he deserves a lifetime contract. 

DRob had more yards rushing today the Slowby has all season.

How? To who? Why would anyone...

How?
I'd like to see him with better OL play that we're getting.  The OL still has its struggles but it's getting better week to week.  We're not getting anything in a trade for him anyway.

Quote:Its funny, all the backs were awful early on, but Gerhart is the only one getting this treatment. Mob mentality at its finest.

Treatment? Stating facts isnt a treatment. He is very bad. He had one run that was decent and immediately fumbled it away lol. He doesnt show flashes like the other backs and is ridiculously slow for an NFL rb. His blocking isnt good enough to even use as an excuse to keep him on the roster. He is overpaid useless and we are stuck with him for now.
This thread makes me feel smart.

Pages: 1 2