Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So does this count as a blowout win?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cleveland was outscored by 18 and completely shut out in the 2nd half after the disrespectful 4 and 1 on the Jags 32.
Honestly I would say 24 unanswered points and how the D played that it was a blowout. Yes the Browns hurt themselves alot too but hey it helped us win so I'll still gladly take that.

But I thought 17 or more points was considered a blowout.
This qualifies

This was not a blowout. It was a 4 point game in the 4th...
Absolutely, positively an 18 point win is considered a blowout.

Factor in the 5.5 points the Browns were favored by and it goes to over 23 points.

That's definitely blowout territory.

The last one was way back in 2011 against the Bucs.

The Jags played as a team, calls went our way and the brownies never got in the end zone......YEAH.

Blowout Baby!

Ehh, it was too close for the vast majority of the game to be a blowout. 14 of our 24 points were scored in the last 6:01 of the game. Just looking at the score, I would say yes. Looking at the context of the score, I say no.

yes

it was a blowout

it came late but,

it was a blowout

Quote:Ehh, it was too close for the vast majority of the game to be a blowout. 14 of our 24 points were scored in the last 6:01 of the game. Just looking at the score, I would say yes. Looking at the context of the score, I say no.

If we count the Eagles game as a blowout, then we have to count this game as a blowout.
No, a blowout is what the Broncos did hours later: build up a huge lead the opponent has no chance of coming back from. It was only 7-6 at halftime.

No this was a tight game until about 6 minutes to go, a blowout this was not.
Quote:This was not a blowout. It was a 4 point game in the 4th...

Which then turned into a blowout.
Quote:Cleveland was outscored by 18 and completely shut out in the 2nd half after the disrespectful 4 and 1 on the Jags 32.
The Browns offense depends primarily on the run which our defense is actually pretty good at, so I knew that the game would be a win for the Jaguars as long as the team could get some running going (since Browns DBs are really good but they are weak against the run).

The next game against the Dolphins will be much harder as they just beat the Chicago Bears, but I think the Jaguars can do it.  It will require the Oline giving Blake more time to throw deep down the field!
If you ask the usual suspects, it depends on who is on the receiving end of the 17 point deficit.  If it's the Jags, clearly they were blown out by their opponent.  If it's the Jags opponent, it'll be defined as a fluke.  Wink

Seriously, it was one of the more complete wins we've seen from a Jaguars team in years.  With Bortles struggling, the team was able to lean on the defense to step up and contain Cleveland, and we finally found a rushing attack.  D-Rob looked like an NFL running back yesterday, and it's about time. 
Quote:If you ask the usual suspects, it depends on who is on the receiving end of the 17 point deficit. If it's the Jags, clearly they were blown out by their opponent. If it's the Jags opponent, it'll be defined as a fluke. Wink

Seriously, it was one of the more complete wins we've seen from a Jaguars team in years. With Bortles struggling, the team was able to lean on the defense to step up and contain Cleveland, and we finally found a rushing attack. D-Rob looked like an NFL running back yesterday, and it's about time.

Complete win with a struggling qb?
Quote:If we count the Eagles game as a blowout, then we have to count this game as a blowout.
This.

Either the Jags got blown out by the Eagles and blew out the Browns. Or neither happened.

If yesterday was not a blow out, then the Jags didn't get blown out by the Eagles, which would be relatively impressive that the Jags kept it so close since the Eagles are a 5-1 team right now.
depends how you define blowout. I dont consider it one because the Browns had a chance to win very late in the 4th quarter. I consider a blowout pulling far away before crunch time.
Quote:depends how you define blowout. I dont consider it one because the Browns had a chance to win very late in the 4th quarter. I consider a blowout pulling far away before crunch time.

I'd say you're spot on. A blowout is about more than the final score. This was competitive and the Jags did make some great things late to lock it up.
I'll say blowout considering we had a first down on the 11 yard line with a minute left, and got there by basically gashing the Browns for 5 yards on every run.

If Gus had wanted to, the final very easily could have been 31-6.
Pages: 1 2