Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley has fixed the defense, offense just young
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gus Bradley has fixed the defense, the offense just young let them grow together

Dont fire anybody after the season let it play out for 3 years, then evaluate everybody

Team is getting better let things develop we need stability 

Best D since the Stroud/Henderson days
I wouldn't call it fixed just yet, but they looked better than they have the rest of the season. 

Quote:Best D since the Stroud/Henderson days
. Nah 2011 mnf game vs ravens by far, they had negative yards going into the half
This was a great game i'm just going to enjoy it for this week.

Quote:Best D since the Stroud/Henderson days
WHOA WHOA

pump yo brakes playa

very happy with the defense this game

but browns...i'll hold off judgement until they do it regularly.

I agree.  He has definitely figured some things out.  The offense just had to gain more experience and grow together.  This team will continue to get better every week.  It is pretty exciting. 

Fisch still needs to go. Terrible play-calling early on in the redzone. But major props to the D for finally showing up in the regular season.

Quote:very happy with the defense this game

but browns...i'll hold out judgement
just need to fire Fisch and we're in there like swimwear
Quote:I wouldn't call it fixed just yet, but they looked better than they have the rest of the season. 
Based on how awful the defense was the first 4 weeks, ifs way better, yes we need more pieces but people were calling for his head early on
Just realized I can't recall Cameron making a play
Defense played lights out today. Especially when the offense put them in a couple sticky situations.
The D-Line played great...

The secondary?  They still need work...  A better QB and receivers would have made a few plays that were left on the table by the clowns.

There were alot of drops and there were alot of bad throws to wide open receivers...

With that said, I'm completely happy with the performance of the players!  Great work Jaguars!!!

Not that long ago the secondary was seen as our biggest area of weakness, now it appears to be an area of strength. We are stopping the run, piling up the sacks and stopping opposing tight ends. And our defense as a whole has become one of the most miserly in the NFL. So is this down to coaching and a young team "gelling" ?
I wouldn't call it fixed. The Browns missed some fairly routine plays. Hoyer played disgustingly bad. I will say we had a hand in it but I'm not going to say the defense is suddenly great. We need a FS and Poz isn't going to last much longer. 

Quote:Gus Bradley has fixed the defense, the offense just young let them grow together

Dont fire anybody after the season let it play out for 3 years, then evaluate everybody

A little early to declare us "out of the woods" just yet.

Let it breathe a little.

You can say the exact same about the offense, where we're even more young.  I still think it took longer for the OL to come together because they didn't settle on the starting lineup until later.  Part of that due to injures, for sure.

This is typical of young teams.

I posted last week that it's a young group that has to learn how to win.

Perhaps is is a nice first step in that maturation process.
Quote:Gus Bradley has fixed the defense, the offense just young let them grow together

The team is now the 27th (overall) ranked Defense in the NFL that's improvement (but its only a start) they need to improve and keep up the good work.

The team is now 30th against the pass (was 32nd all year), and 15th against the run (but they should be higher if the DBs can hold down better)...

The Jaguars are 26th in passing, 30th in rushing & 31st overall on Offense... so as of right now the defense is better than the offense both stat wise they both stink... so as exicted as I am to see the huge improvement on both sides against the browns (especially the defense)... we need to see both sides improve against the dolphins... before i would start jumping up and down for joy...
Quote:Just realized I can't recall Cameron making a play

The pressure allowed for man on the outside and we doubled him alot im sure. Gus and Babich had to be working not getting killed by TEs on seam routes.

Also Telvin Smith in coverage alot.

I have a feeling next week might bring alot of people back to earth with a bang

We are improving but we are far from fixed
Pages: 1 2