Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Upset Special: Prisco Pick'n the JAGS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: party0003.r191677.gif]

Jaguars (+5.5) over Browns: I not only like Jacksonville plus the points, but I think it win its first game of the season in this one. The Browns aren't as good as their record indicates. Their defense is 29th in the league, and two weeks ago, Tennessee was blowing Cleveland out before a late collapse by the Titans. Blake Bortles will have a big day. Upset special.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete...oys-giants

I knew somebody had to pick an upset. There are too many NFL experts for all of them to have the same prediction.

Hree is another one by Dave Dameshek:

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);"><b>CLEVELAND BROWNS 22

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS 26</b>

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Brian Hoyer: TD pass, INT
Blake Bortles: TD pass, TD run

Browns  27  

Jaguars 17

We're gonna lose.

The beauty of pessimism is the absence of disappointment.
This confirms it.. Prisco smokes crack..

Prisco is a Jaguars homer so this pick doesn't surprise me. 

Its also not THAT big of an upset, really....I guess some of the message boarder's are trying to make Cleveland sound good on here thus make it seem less of a problem if the Jags lose...but in reality the Browns defense sucks this year, and their offense shouldn't make any defense fear it. 

This game is a coin flip in reality...and the Jags are at home. 

Only a blowout win would be impressive from the Jags here. 

Didn't Prisco pick the Jags to go 4-12 this year during preseason?

Quote:Didn't Prisco pick the Jags to go 4-12 this year during preseason?

He did, like a true homer.
i think people are overrating the browns a little bit because of how bad everyone expected them to be. they are definitely better than us, but the defense isn't very good and their whole offense is based around running the ball efficiently. that will be tougher for them with mack out.

I want to hear Manziel squealing like a little girl while running for his life with Branch and Alualu in pursuit.

Quote:He did, like a true homer.

Imagine what his prediction would've been if he wasn't a homer
We beat the browns last year with j gordon going for. 200 and we had henne, imo we shld be favored
Its NFL Sunday, any thing can happen. I believe the Jaguars will not go winless this season, the only question is when and which team and whether if that will start a spark which can be carried over to the next season. Peeps say we should have won last week and we didn't, now they say we should win this Sunday because we are playing against a team that has a bad D record, well so do we. Then we have the fins next week and they are playing better then us and that could go either way. The next 2 games after that are most likely be a loss, but then i'm not sure about the boys, they are playing well but look at their  history.  After the bye week we have the phonies that's a loss for us, then giants that can be a win for us, long horns after that that can go either way,  usually we split but you never know, then the black birds a loss for us, the tacks a win, and then the long horns, a possible won. So if we win this week and carry that over to the bye, and come out like busters after the bye we could finish 5-11, one game better then last year (progress). But it starts tomorrow a win at home could carry large W's for us or a tanked season.

I agree, Bortles will have a big day.  Will it be enough to counter the porous defense, lack of running game, drops, poor playcalling and poor coaching? 

Well, depends on how big of a day!

From this day forward, I will never vote against BB.  He has the determination to win, he extends plays, and he is cool under pressure.  Nothing is too big for him.  Now, with that being said, lets have the receivers/RB's help him out a bit, so he doesn't have to carry the team on his back again this week.  24-17 Jags.

Will the Jaguars finally score more than 20 points?  Terrible offense meets terrible defense.

I think they will score more than 20.  I just love how BB keeps us in the games late.  Hopefully, he can keep that trend up the rest of the year, so we can pull a few out.

Prisco is a homer. But, BUT, this is a reasonable expectation for tomorrow's game. We have gotten better defensively over the last two weeks. And we've kept the games close, REALLY close in particular in Tennessee last Sunday. If we can just make that play here, and make that play there. We've got a win here. Cleveland's defense isn't that great as pointed out. We just need to hold onto the football and not turn it over. I would really like to see the running game get it going tomorrow at home. Then we can really get Bortles outside of the pocket on the bootlegs and play-action passes where he seems to make his bread and butter plays for huge gains. That's what we need to see. The main factor is this though, Jordan Cameron. That guy is underrated. And this defense can't seem to keep receiving type TE's in check. It's been a long time franchise issue over the years, no matter what era. But Cameron can make you pay big time if you're not keeping the coverage tight and keeping tabs on him. They've got a sleeper running game too. Between West, Tate, and Crowell they're pretty balanced and are averaging 4.4, 4.6, and 5.4 YPC in that order. The other thing though, is, Mack. Mack is out tomorrow. That position is going to be more vulnerable now to the pass rush. I think Marks, Miller, and Hood may give us their best performance of the year tomorrow so far for this season.

IIRC, he didn't pick the Jags to pick up their first win until the Browns game as well.

Yup.  And got blasted by others who thought we'd go 8-8.  What a homer.
Pages: 1 2