Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ATT-UVere Folks On Here?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My wife and I just switched, it is going to save us $120 a month, and they are giving us more channels then what we had with Comcast. Other then price, I never had an issue with Comcast. Always had good customer service, and product was good. 

Any and all feedback welcome!

Pricing with Comcast can be pretty flexible if you know how to work the system. I'm on a 2 year Triple Play contract right now for $125 a month with a ton of channels and their fastest internet. Of course once my previous contract ran out, I said I was tired of Comcast and they connected me to customer retention and they gave me a ton of deals.

Just gotta complain..
Will the U-verse be over fiber optic to your house? That will have an impact on quality.
Good customer service at Comcast?  I personally have had zero good experiences with their customer service and I dropped them because of it.  They jerked me around and lied to me multiple times the last time I gave them a chance, and I never let them install at my new house.  Their home office could burn to the ground for all I care.

Other than that, I love them.

I switched from Dish to Comcast Xfinity...and I'm glad I did.

Quote:I switched from Dish to Comcast Xfinity...and I'm glad I did.

Well, going from Dish to rabbit ears would be an improvement.
True

Quote:Will the U-verse be over fiber optic to your house? That will have an impact on quality.
Yes, they installed that this past summer. Thoughts further?
Quote:Good customer service at Comcast?  I personally have had zero good experiences with their customer service and I dropped them because of it.  They jerked me around and lied to me multiple times the last time I gave them a chance, and I never let them install at my new house.  Their home office could burn to the ground for all I care.

Other than that, I love them.
I have heard those stories too. We never had to deal with that, luckily.
Quote:I have heard those stories too. We never had to deal with that, luckily.

But to answer your original question, I had to originally drop AT&T (for internet) because I worked out of the house and their service was unreliable.  However, that was 10+ years ago and they've obviously made improvements and I have been quite happy with them since I switched over in September.
Quote:Yes, they installed that this past summer. Thoughts further?
I just switched from Comcast to bundle my Directv with AT&T internet and phone. The fiber optic they laid in my neighborhood early last year became available and I jumped on it. The speed and bandwidth are great. A big improvement from Comcast.

I've heard stories from coworkers in the past about how their bad U-verse experience was, but that was service using phone lines. I'm sure the fiber optic provides much better bandwidth.

Just to clarify: only my internet was through Comcast.
I get my internet through ATT Uverse.  (no tv package) 

Just a basic internet connection that is fast enough to stream HD on 2 (sometimes three) devices.  Uploads are slow and that's my only complaint, but for $42 per month I can't complain. 

I went with them because comcast jerked me around for 6 weeks on  getting installation done. I found their customer service absolutely infuriating. 

What he said. ^^
Thanks for the input y'all!

I hate Comcast.

I love the Uverse TV service. Comcast's channel lineup sucks when using the guide.

I can't wait for Uverse to get Fiber here. 

And Uverse has One America News.

Everyone's experience is different. I've had very few service interruptions with AT&T but had a ton with Comcast. Overall way better experience.
UVerse being installed as we speak, so we will see. 2 year contract.

You'll enjoy the guide much better I hope.

And One America News Smile

Just watch your bill they fluctuate after the first year, you'll have to call and find mew discounts in year 2.
Quote:You'll enjoy the guide much better I hope.

And One America News Smile
I find the guides to be very similar actually, but that is only after fiddling with it for 20-30 minutes. The toughest part is not knowing where the channels are yet for our regular shows.
Pages: 1 2