Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Most winnable games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Which games do you think we have the best chance of winning?

Browns (3-2)

Dolphins (2-3)

at Bengals (3-1-1)

Cowboys* (5-1)

---------------

at Colts (4-2)

Giants (3-3)

Texans (3-3)

at Ravens (4-2)

Titans (2-4)

at Texans (3-3)

*In London

I think we can beat the Browns and Giants, should beat the Dolphins, and can't lose to the Titans again.

all the rest of the games are winnable. is the NFL any given sunday and such.

Now how many will we win probably 6 or 7
Quote: 

Now how many will we win probably 6 or 7

....gimme some of what you're drinking Laughing 
Titans at home, that's the only "winnable" game I see. 

The Dolphins have only two wins and one of them was against the Raiders. The Titans have only two wins and one was against the Jaguars. Obviously both teams can lose in Jacksonville.

We already have played against the worst team in the AFC North. I don't think Cleveland will lay an egg on us. But there is no reason we can't figure out a way to beat the Browns.

We will definitely win 5 games on the arm of BB. He's going to ask the team to get off his back with all the weight he's carrying.

Realistically. I say Tacks and Browns. Others are Toss ups. Depends on how much the rookies develop as the season progresses.
It's hard going 0-6 if you're really trying out there. We've done it two years in a row. Only winnable game I see is the Titans at this point and that's the second to last game on the schedule. Can't wait t see the talk leading up to that game if we don't find a win before that.

One win can lead to several wins.  Confidence goes along way in the NFL.   That was the case with the Jaguars in the 2nd half of last season.

A win against the Browns this weekend would be huge for us. I think as we stand we could beat

Browns

Dolphins

Titans

Giants

Texans

Will we is the question. Some momentum and growth going into the second half of the season could make games like the Ravens and Colts much more realistic. I still think we end with 4-5 wins. Starting with one on Sunday.
Oh, I thought the thread title was a list our opposing teams have the Jags listed on. Never mind!
It really depends, I think on our secondary. Specifically how agressive we are. I think BB5 keeps us in games moving forward.

Let's face it, no longer seeing multiple 3 and outs in a row is a dibilitating factor in how successful a team is. We no longer will see stretches where we go 3 and out for an entire half or even an entire quarter.

This means we will be flipping the field most of the time and giving our D a breather.

BUT, and this is a big one, if our D plays soft the other team's offense will carve up our secondary.

We need to play press coverage and rush 5 as often as we can. We have to be aggressive in the pass rush and we cannot allow WRs 5 yards off the LOS without forcing them to battle to get into their routes.

We've seen it for 6 games, we let WRs run free routes as our CBs back pedal. That type of defensive scheme isn't going to work with what we have. We have to utilize our strength, which is our pass rush. Blitz the QB, put pressure on the WRs off the snap and make them start throwing shorter routes.

In the t'acks game, we did some of this in the 2nd half, and the D looked better. We must do this more consistently. Otherwise, we'll continue to see the other team get ahead and we'll see BB5 having to force passes.

If the level of talent on one team of the ball is less than the talent on the other side, it IS easy to go 0-6 even if they are trying. I think it has something to do with them not being "tough"

Quote:It's hard going 0-6 if you're really trying out there. We've done it two years in a row. Only winnable game I see is the Titans at this point and that's the second to last game on the schedule. Can't wait t see the talk leading up to that game if we don't find a win before that.

All of them, 10-6
Dolphins in Jax.

Texans in Jax.

Tacks in Jax.

I stick to my preseason prediction of 3-13. This team is so young at all the skill positions. If they go 0-16, it wouldn't be a shocker.

Why so much confidence against the Giants?  I think our winnable games are tacks, texans x2 (possibly win 1 against them because it's a divisional game), browns, and dolphins.  We don't win 1 of these 2 upcoming games and we're looking at 1-15 or 2-14 the way I see it.  Hope we win 1 that no one expects us to win also.  That'd be fun.

Quote:Why so much confidence against the Giants?  I think our winnable games are tacks, texans x2 (possibly win 1 against them because it's a divisional game), browns, and dolphins.  We don't win 1 of these 2 upcoming games and we're looking at 1-15 or 2-14 the way I see it.  Hope we win 1 that no one expects us to win also.  That'd be fun.

I don't see the Texans games as winnable at this point. THat could change once they get here....but as of right now? nah...
The next 2 games are winnable. 

Will we win either one? 

Quote:Why so much confidence against the Giants?  I think our winnable games are tacks, texans x2 (possibly win 1 against them because it's a divisional game), browns, and dolphins.  We don't win 1 of these 2 upcoming games and we're looking at 1-15 or 2-14 the way I see it.  Hope we win 1 that no one expects us to win also.  That'd be fun.

The Giants have been hot and cold this year.

The problem is that the Giants could beat the Jags, even if it's the cold Giants that show up that Sunday.
I think talentwise, we have the opportunity to win most of our remaining games....

Gus and the Jags really need to win one of the next 2 games, because if they don't, the losses will start piling up with no end in sight and it will get even uglier in here.

Pages: 1 2