Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chris Smith
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is he ever gonna see the field?

Likely not this year barring significant injury to the line. Though he did show promise in the preseason and seemed to really time the QB's cadence well.

He kind of needs to make the active roster first. 

Yeah, I don't know what happened there. He was looking promising in the pre season and then fell off a cliff. Then got cut. 

Gosh, perhaps it has something to do with a big difference between preseason and regular season?  He's a project.  Let him develop.

Quote:Likely not this year barring significant injury to the line. Though he did show promise in the preseason and seemed to really time the QB's cadence well.

Last time I checked, Chris Smith is a linebacker. Injuries on the defensive line will not give him any playing time.
Quote:Last time I checked, Chris Smith is a linebacker. Injuries on the defensive line will not give him any playing time.

You need to check again. Smith is and was drafted to be a LEO defensive end.
Quote:Yeah, I don't know what happened there. He was looking promising in the pre season and then fell off a cliff. Then got cut. 

Then got put on the practice squad.