Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is it just me or is Will Blackmon terrible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Particularly in the last two games. He missed multiple tackles against Tennessee and blew coverage on Delanie Walker's largest gain. The prior week he was always a step behind his guy. On one play in particular, he got burned bad by Wheaton I believe.

I have to think if Colvin does play next month that Blackmon could be on the bench.

Quote:Particularly in the last two games. He missed multiple tackles against Tennessee and blew coverage on Delanie Walker's largest gain. The prior week he was always a step behind his guy. On one play in particular, he got burned bad by Wheaton I believe.

I have to think if Colvin does play next month that Blackmon could be on the bench.

Will Blackmon has been a backup most of his career, there is a reason for that.

He hasn't played nearly as well as he did last year, but you could say that for several members of the Jaguars' D.

Quote: 

as should Gratz. 
Quote:as should Gratz. 
Gratz is already as good as there. McCray has outplayed him, and Ball's locked in on the other side until Colvin's ready.
He is pretty bad. I have seen him completely whiffon a number of tackles.

I am talking embarrassing attempts at tackles.

Go watch the play against the Steelers where they wanted Brown to keep his streak alive.
Lots of negative comments about Gratz and Beadles. Gratz hasn't been good but everyone's making it seem like his play has completely fallen off a cliff. I don't see that. Beadles is graded in the top 10 at his position by PFF.

On to Blackmon - he's definitely taken a big step back from last year. Based on his career, last year was probably an outlier. He's just not that good. 

What's funny is when he got here last year, he was playing kinda good.

its not you

Blackmon's performance has been disappointing. It's also important to note that he's been on the filed much more this year.  They are playing tons of nickel. Perhaps to keep a potential liability in coverage off of the field. (OLB)

Quote:What's funny is when he got here last year, he was playing kinda good.

Yeah, he was. Definitely has not been the case this year. With Guy gone, Blackmon is the biggest liability in that secondary.
Not real good and not real surprising. I always felt he was playing a little over his head last year.

But he can sure blitz!
Quote: 

On to Blackmon - he's definitely taken a big step back from last year. Based on his career, last year was probably an outlier. He's just not that good. 

Unfortunately, this is true.

Would rather see Gratz at the nickle