Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Fans Need to Remain Upbeat and Optimistic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Former New Orlean Saints coach Mike Ditka once correctly stated "Stats are for idiots". This statement couldn't be more true when it comes to the statistic of the Jags record, which currently stands at 0-6. From the outside looking in, 0-6 is not the start we had hoped for, but for Jags fans like myself whom have watched every play of every game and then watched replays of each game at least 2-3 times, our current record does not tell the entire story, not even close.

We knew this was going to be a process. When you fire a legend like Jack Del Rio, jettison a franchise player like David Garrard, hire and fire Mel Tucker, and then hire and fire Mike Mularkey, your just not going to have any sort of a positive culture or high morale around the organization. Now while this is the old regimes fault and not the new one's, we are still suffering from the sins of the past regime. In this statement alone, it is clear that the old ownership group made twice as many bad decisions as good.

Bad Decisions: Hire Mike Mularkey, Hire Mel Tucker, Jettison Garrard, and Fire Del Rio (4) 

Good Decisions: Fire Mike Mularkey and Fire Mel Tucker (2) 

Now while I don't want to rehash the past and do want to focus on the future in this post, one does have to understand how we got ourselves in this predicament. That said, fast forward to this past Sundays game...one reason I am extremely excited and optimistic is that Gus Bradley is going to be able to fire OC Jedd Fisch. Hopefully he will pull the trigger before the end of the season, but Fisch's game planning has been so abysmal that we can thankfully part ways with him sooner than later and hire someone who truly understands offense. The first person to replace him that comes to mind is Sage Rosenfelts, part time Offensive Coordinator of the Omaha Mammouths. Using a limited play book, and with only a few weeks to practice, Rosenfelts led the Mammouths to a 41-18 point victory over arch rival Boston Brawlers. A side note - 41 points is far more than than our past three games combined. Lets think outside the box here...if the Cleveland Cavaliers can hire a coach from the Euro league, the Jags can certainly set a trend by hiring someone from an organization that will soon be a minor league feeder team into the NFL. If you give Rosenfelts, also a proven former NFL QB, the key to the Jags offense and Blake Bortles - instantaneously the Jags offense becomes "the greatest show on grass". Speaking of Bortles - U N B E L I E V A B L E!!! It was a shame that Jedd Fisch and his terrible game plan cost us the game this past week, because that really took away from "The Blake Bortles show". Bortles passes for over 300 yards, and most importantly  leading our team in rushing,  he ran for over 43%  more than our highest yardage gainer at running back!!! Did anyone think when we drafted Bortles that he would be such a dual threat - a modern day Mike Grant who can actually pass! . Moving on, who can't be excited about the physicality shown by the Jags receivers these past few weeks. Do any receivers in the NFL tackle as well or as often as ours do? Did anyone notice how timid the Titans D was on our last drive this past Sunday??? The one upside of turning the ball over so much is our offensive players get to just T off on opposing defenses, and it really showed in the Jags last scoring drive this past Sunday. The Titans wanted nothing, NOTHING, to do with trying to force a turn over. This unique strategy by Bradley could play mind games with opponents down the road - certainly something to think about.

I guess at this point in the season, Jags fans can go into a glass is half empty or glass if half full mode. Im in the half full mode as we still have 10 games to play.  After all that has gone wrong, we still control our own destiny as long as a few of the teams ahead of us lose in games that we are not participating in.  8-8 is a long shot to get in, 9-7 is a probable which by the way is the same record Jack Del Rio put up in his second season. 

Put away the beer. Were not going 8-8 or 9-7 this year.

Quote:Put away the beer. Were not going 8-8 or 9-7 this year.
Why not - the schedule is in our favor the second half of the season and we are really improving.
Laughing

lol, yeah...10-6 here we come... :teehee:....in 2016.

The feeling isnt mutual Omaha

The schedule does favor us.  I remember back in September after week 1 the Cowboys were #27 in the Power Ranking.  

Yep --- 1 day too many at Omaha Beach does this to ya.

I'm a pretty optimistic person, but I don't see anywhere near 8 wins this season and certainly not 9.   Huh

This so makes my day.

Omaha, you may end up the MVP of this team by the end of the season, and I'm not even kidding about that.

:thumbsup:

If we scrape together 6 wins, I'll be impressed...

I think there is a lot of good to take away from this team.  I'm ok with another losing season.  There's a lot of growth and improvement on this team.  I do believe we are one draft away.  I hope this team can improve their offensive line next year and find a good RB from a very good RB draft next year.  Look at how the Cowboys turned a horrible defense around.  They run the hell out of the ball.  Look at the games the Seahawks lost, their defense looked bad because they were on the field too long.  If we improve our line and get a RB... Bortles will convert the short 3rd downs easily and shows he can perform in the 4th.  Our defense will be rested and I believe our defense can be very good when they're rested.

Someone's trying out new product from their local street pharmacist.. 

Quote:Someone's trying out new product from their local street pharmacist.. 
And it's not from CA, CO, or WA...
If we started Bortles from the beginning... We probably would have beaten the Eagles. We were right in the Steelers and Titans game. I believe we would beat both teams if we played either again. Yes, we are 0-6... But we were a good coach and a couple of good breaks away from being 3-3
Quote:If we started Bortles from the beginning... We probably would have beaten the Eagles. We were right in the Steelers and Titans game. I believe we would beat both teams if we played either again. Yes, we are 0-6... But we were a good coach and a couple of good breaks away from being 3-3

IF my aunt was male she would be my uncle.
Ok... Well talking about football... You'd realize that some games come down to a few bad breaks or lucky plays. Anyways , 0-6 or 3-3... I'm still optimistic about this team. I don't know how you can't be.... After years of Gabbert and Henne
Thank God for Omaha.

Best part have you seen our WR tackle lol
Omaha you forgot to mention how Bortles blasted through 2 defenders to crush the third who caught his pass
Quote:Former New Orlean Saints coach Mike Ditka once correctly stated "Stats are for idiots". This statement couldn't be more true when it comes to the statistic of the Jags record, which currently stands at 0-6. 

This might be your best opening line yet.  Very rarely do I chuckle on this messageboard.

Pages: 1 2