Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2015 Offseason Focus/Fixing The Pass Defense
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This goes without saying, the Jaguars have struggled mightily to defend the pass this year, whether it be pass breakups, interceptions, or just limiting the big play, it's been a disappointing year against the pass. I decided to look at some numbers to see how limiting big pass plays correlates to success; I decided to use YPA (yards per attempt) in this study. The teams that are in the 10 in the NFL in YPA against have a combined record of 34-17, that's a .667 winning percentage. The teams that are ranked 22-32 in this category have a combined record of 20-36 (.357 WP), this is obviously an area the Jaguars will have to address in order to compete at a high level in 2015, and because of this I expect the front office to use an abundance of cap and draft resources to mitigate this problem. I wouldn't be surprised if we had 2-3 new starting linebackers and 3-4 new players in our secondary, if we can’t competently defend the pass we won't compete in 2015.