Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our offense is suffering because we dont have a TE to stretch the middle of the field
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems like all the elite teams have a good TE. Not a beast RB, but a good QB and a good TE.

Sure our oline sucks, and we have no RB, but we have been without a good TE since 2010
Harbor didnt stretch the field?

Quote:It seems like all the elite teams have a good TE. Not a beast RB, but a good QB and a good TE.

Sure our oline sucks, and we have no RB, but we have been without a good TE since 2010

Harbor had over 90 yards and a TD.  He stretched the field fine.  That wasn't the issue last weekend.  The issue last weekend was costly mistakes at the end of long drives which wasted possessions.  If any one of those mistakes don't happen then it's a different story and we're all happy about our first win.

Running game will improve when Marcedes comes back and can block.  I'm not worried about the passing game.  
Quote:Harbor didnt stretch the field?

You can't be serious.
The problem is the playbook is restricted because the rookies are learning it.  The game plan is paired down and we just can't break out the kitchen sink to make the defense respect a full game plan.

How easy is it to shut down our rushing attempts?  It isn't just the offensive line, it is the whole ball of wax.

Quote:You can't be serious.

90 yards and a TD isn't serious?
Quote:You can't be serious.

You didn't watch the game, did you?
Quote:You didn't watch the game, did you?

You can't be serious
Quote:90 yards and a TD isn't serious?

I dont understand the logic.
Quote:I dont understand the logic.

Look at his other posts and it will make sense.
Clay Harbor had a great game... confused at thread?

Quote:Look at his other posts and it will make sense.

Dont need the migrane.

Quote:Clay Harbor had a great game... confused at thread?

confused and disgusted
Quote:I dont understand the logic.

He had 90 yards on Sunday. He got 59 of those yards on a field stretching catch and run. Is that confusing?
Quote:He had 90 yards on Sunday. He got 59 o those yards on a field stretching catch and run. Is that confusing?

I was saying the OP is confusing. The only person not on the same page is the poster.
I guess he's being very specific about the TE's role - he should be stretching the middle of the field. 

Not understanding this post. 

Harbor stretches the field better than Marcedes ever did. 

Quote:Not understanding this post. 

Harbor stretches the field better than Marcedes ever did. 

The bench along the side of the field is stretching the field better.  Following Marcedes' career is flat out maddening.
Quote:The bench along the side of the field is stretching the field better.  Following Marcedes' career is flat out maddening.

^^This^^
I think Harbor's game will allow him to stretch the field even more. Teams are now on notice that he's a receiving tight end threat now.
Having Marcedes back will not magically fix the run game. The line doesn't fall on one person. They all have to be working in synch.

I don't necessarily believe they aren't working in synch, but more that the scheme for the line is flat out bad. The ZBS has proven success, and I refuse to believe that the oline is this unskilled. It comes down to coaching and implementation. The running woes fall on either the o-line coach or the offensive coordinator for creating a god awful scheme and design or failing to implement it successfully. This ultimately falls back on Gus and Caldwell for thinking these coaches knew what they were doing.

Pages: 1 2