Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Average starting position for the Jags was their own 17 yard line
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Titans only scoring 16 points gave the illusion the defense played well.  The truth is they did not.  They allowed Jesus to torch us in the middle of the field and could never stop a drive and allowed the titans to flip the field all game long.

This forced the offense to drive 80+ yards for the score.  Simply you can't ask that of this team.

Our defense did fine.

Not great, but not bad. Keeping any professional team to 16 points is good enough to win.

Our offense is way behind.
I blame Gus
Well, we are no longer last in defense.  We have moved up a couple spots.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?t...447263-n=1
No problem with the way the defense played. Would I have liked to have seen more pressure from the d-line? Sure, but you can't expect them to be in the QB's grill on every play. I wish we would blitz more, as that seemed to be very effective in rushing Whitehurst's progressions and moving him off his spot. The biggest problem with this defense is the LBs, which is nothing new. I think it's been well documented our LBs are terrible. I haven't seen too many teams burn us on the outside this year, it's all been over the middle in the void between the LBs and the safeties.

Quote:The Titans only scoring 16 points gave the illusion the defense played well. The truth is they did not. They allowed Jesus to torch us in the middle of the field and could never stop a drive and allowed the titans to flip the field all game long.

This forced the offense to drive 80+ yards for the score. Simply you can't ask that of this team.
233 yards passing and 70 yards rushing. That's terrible. Definitely need to keep all teams under 200 passing yards and 50 yards of rushing.
Quote:Well, we are no longer last in defense. We have moved up a couple spots.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1'>http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1</a>

That's impossible. I keep seeing we haven't improved on D.
Quote:233 yards passing and 70 yards rushing. That's terrible. Definitely need to keep all teams under 200 passing yards and 50 yards of rushing.
In order to win a game we just might have to do that.

We allowed 233 against a terrible backup QB and there are no good rb's on the titans.  They still outrushed us
Quote:233 yards passing and 70 yards rushing. That's terrible. Definitely need to keep all teams under 200 passing yards and 50 yards of rushing.

Are you being sarcastic? Even the best defenses allow over 100 yards rushing and 300 yards passing. If you don't believe me, ask the Seahakws.
Quote:In order to win a game we just might have to do that.

We allowed 233 against a terrible backup QB and there are no good rb's on the titans. They still outrushed us
They were averaging 116 yards rushing per game and we held them to 70. You hold QB to 233 yards then you are playing well. There are plenty of things to criticize the team about. Just not sure why people have to manufacture criticism when the team actually did well in those areas.
Quote:Are you being sarcastic? Even the best defenses allow over 100 yards rushing and 300 yards passing. If you don't believe me, ask the Seahakws.

Wink
Quote:In order to win a game we just might have to do that.

We allowed 233 against a terrible backup QB and there are no good rb's on the titans. They still outrushed us
I'd trade all our RBs for Sankey
Quote:I'd trade all our RBs for Sankey

Is their line included as well?
Quote:I'd trade all our RBs for Sankey
I would trade all of our rb's for an average offensive linemen at this point
Special teams has been pretty lackluster so far. Besides the onside kick. That was awesome.
Quote:I would trade all of our rb's for an average offensive linemen at this point

Lol me too
Makes it difficult for the offense to score when they have to drive 83 yards to get a touchdown.  Though I'd be curious as to what the average starting position of other teams are.

I agree. Fire Jedd Fisch
D was fine.

Every time they returned a kick there was a penalty resulting in Bortles starting in the shadow of his own end zone.
D was fine?  They allowed the offense to pick up big first downs on every possession.  We got pinned back all day cause the D couldn't create a 3 and out to save it's life.

Pages: 1 2