Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Aaron Colvin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Before Gus Bradley's opening statement today, someone else said CB Aaron Colvin will start practicing this week. However, Colvin will not play against the Browns.

It sounds to me like his first game will be against the Dolphins.

Did you decide on what game you were going to? I think the Dolphins game would be a good choice JW. Best chance to win.
Quote:Did you decide on what game you were going to? I think the Dolphins game would be a good choice JW. Best chance to win.

I dunno about that Miami game. I have concerns about getting Cameron Wake blocked.
Quote:I dunno about that Miami game. I have concerns about getting Cameron Wake blocked.

Good point. Wake is one of the best. They will all need to be on their A game to protect the QB in that one. 
Quote:Before Gus Bradley's opening statement today, someone else said CB Aaron Colvin will start practicing this week. However, Colvin will not play against the Browns.

It sounds to me like his first game will be against the Dolphins.

I'd be surprised to see Colvin play prior to the bye week. 
At this point, it doesn't matter if its Cameron Wake or Cameron Diaz lined up against our line.  Pressure is going to come regardless.

And some of you think Whitehurst tore this defense up? Watch what Tannehill does..
I'm excited to see what Colvin can do for us.

I didn't watch much of him in college.

Can anyone say what "kind" of corner he reminds you of?
We gonna ger killed vs browns dey got johnny football guys hes gonna throw his clipboard at bortles
Quote:I'm excited to see what Colvin can do for us.

I didn't watch much of him in college.

Can anyone say what "kind" of corner he reminds you of?
. Going off highlights alone, nnamdi when he was a raider is a good comp
Quote:I'd be surprised to see Colvin play prior to the bye week.

I am torn between wanting to see if he can help the secondary and not rushing him back.

I think if he is healthy, he would be an asset... And I am eager to see the team do better, but since the season is a lost one and is more about player development, I don't want to risk his long term health.
http://youtu.be/dYw-Q4pgyWQ

The int at 1:13 was a beauty
I wouldn't expect much from him for a while. The guy is coming of an ACL injury. It may take until next year for us to see what he can do. It varies with different people.

He had surgery in January right?

It's been like 9 months, which is basically the timetable to return to sports.

You're running at 3 months (jogging), cutting at 6 months, by the time its 9 months you should have already been doing sport specific stuff.

He will be ready.

I'm Certain of that. And if he retears, he would have retorn even if they held him out until 24 months post op.
Quote:He had surgery in January right?

It's been like 9 months, which is basically the timetable to return to sports.

You're running at 3 months (jogging), cutting at 6 months, by the time its 9 months you should have already been doing sport specific stuff.

He will be ready.

I'm Certain of that. And if he retears, he would have retorn even if they held him out until 24 months post op.

I'm not worried about him re-tearing the same ACL.. I'm more worried about him tearing his OTHER ACL, which seems to happen quite often with players coming off their initial ACL injury.
Quote:Did you decide on what game you were going to? I think the Dolphins game would be a good choice JW. Best chance to win.

Unfortunately only single seats are available in Sections 214, 213, 206, and 205.  Sad I definitely would prefer to go to that one if any of those sections had two seats together.
Quote:And some of you think Whitehurst tore this defense up? Watch what Tannehill does..

I'd love Tannehill to throw for 233 yards.
Quote:I am torn between wanting to see if he can help the secondary and not rushing him back.

I think if he is healthy, he would be an asset... And I am eager to see the team do better, but since the season is a lost one and is more about player development, I don't want to risk his long term health.

Just seeing what he can do is not worth the risk of rushing him back too early. If he is going to play against the Dolphins or Cowboys, the reason would be he is ready to help the team win.
Quote:And some of you think Whitehurst tore this defense up? Watch what Tannehill does..

Is this serious? Tannehill sucks. 
Quote:Is this serious? Tannehill sucks.

He is sarcastic frequently enough to earn a spot on my ignore list.
Pages: 1 2