Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Reggie Wayne and Andre Johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wondering where do you think these guys sit on the all time leader board when they retire?  They might sit at number 2 and 3 all time?  Wayne needs less than 2000 yards to be at number 2 all time behind Jerry Rice and Johnson needs less than 3000 yards.  I know its still a ways to go as age is catching up to them but they havent slowed down a whole lot and are both on pace to go over 1100 this year.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/le...career.htm

Quote:Just wondering where do you think these guys sit on the all time leader board when they retire? They might sit at number 2 and 3 all time? Wayne needs less than 2000 yards to be at number 2 all time behind Jerry Rice and Johnson needs less than 3000 yards. I know its still a ways to go as age is catching up to them but they havent slowed down a whole lot and are both on pace to go over 1100 this year.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_career.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_career.htm</a>

I only wonder what AJ could have done if he was on the colts all those years.
Quote:I only wonder what AJ could have done if he was on the colts all those years.
I just wonder what AJ could have done with a decent QB, it didnt have to be the Colts.  Would love to see him go to the Pats before he and Brady get too old to see what they could do.

I think father times gets to both of them before they get to those spots on the all-time list.  Impressive though

Both guys will have a game here and there tbat is amazing, but consistency of great games are past them. Both offer great leadership though and are assets in their teams regardless of production.
I think Reggie Wayne ends up as 6th.  Johnson, if the Texans get a QB (Or if he leaves the Texans) could wind up at #2 or #3 I think.  At least if he lasts a good deal longer.  Here's hoping in a decade or so, we're wondering where A-Rob will wind up.

Quote:I only wonder what AJ could have done if he was on the colts all those years...
Egads!

Manning to AJ for all of those years is a terrifying thought.
Not as terrifying as Manning to Harrison, Wayne, and Clark

Quote:Egads!

Manning to AJ for all of those years is a terrifying thought.

it would have been disgusting.
Stick a fork in both of them. They're done. 

As for where they sit all time....doesn't really matter as given the new rules for more passing offense, they will likely be caught and passed within the next decade or 2. 

Quote:Stick a fork in both of them. They're done.

As for where they sit all time....doesn't really matter as given the new rules for more passing offense, they will likely be caught and passed within the next decade or 2.

There it is again. I have searched for these "new rules" on Google. What are they and when did the competition committee pass them?
I believe they are coming to the end of their careers but I mean they might stay on a few more seasons. AJ if he does leave and find a QB has a nice shot still I believe. Wayne does have a chance with Luck but I just feel like time will catch up to them both.