Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cyprien Should Play Linebacker
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cyprien Performs Better stopping the running and tight-ends. I would bulk him up 15 more pounds and put him at the LB position.  Putting guys at there comfortable positions knowing that they would perform at best should be considered a option 

He wasn't drafted to be a cover-two safety. He was drafted to be Kam Chancellor.

No.
Stop starting threads

Quote:Stop starting threads
Quoting for truth.
LOL @ the Cyp fans in this thread all butt-hurt

Move Telvin smith to SS and Cyp to LB.. Super bowl!
You could try, but I bet you'd get an immediate trade demand followed by an expletive. Also, he isn't awful in coverage. His issue is looking in the backfield to much. One he becomes more disciplined he'll actually be very good. My goodness, it is only his second year. This is absurd.

Quote:LOL @ the Cyp fans in this thread all butt-hurt

It's a dumb idea.

But we get it.

He wasn't one of your ridiculous rec's. The two guys you wanted have been busts, so you are upset.
I like the idea just because we are hurting so badly at linebacker.

But in reality, no.  Just sign/draft some good ones next year.

Quote:Cyprien Performs Better stopping the running and tight-ends. I would bulk him up 15 more pounds and put him at the LB position. Putting guys at there comfortable positions knowing that they would perform at best should be considered a option

Seems like I already read this idea somewhere...

Quote:I think he should put on 15 lbs. and play linebacker. He is always eager to play the run. Too eager in many cases.
He would still be too small
Quote:Seems like I already read this idea somewhere...

Well look at that what a coincidence I thought I was the only one Smile 
Quote:Stop starting threads
Quote:You could try, but I bet you'd get an immediate trade demand followed by an expletive. Also, he isn't awful in coverage. His issue is looking in the backfield to much. One he becomes more disciplined he'll actually be very good. My goodness, it is only his second year. This is absurd.

This. One of his main jobs is to help out on run defense given the current scheme. The problem is that he was selling out to cover the run on nearly every play action and was leaving his zone uncovered. Then he could not recover. I do wonder if part of why he was selling out so much was because he felt he could not trust the LB's to get there and make the tackle though. 
Last time I checked his position is part of the secondary meaning his first priority isn't to stop the run. Maybe he needs to worry about doing what his job details before helping somebody else do theirs.

Quote:LOL @ the Cyp fans in this thread all butt-hurt
What's Stephen Hill up to these days?
Quote:What's Stephen Hill up to these days?
Cyprien is no cover anything type guy. He may be in a year or 2 but I dought it
Quote:Cyprien is no cover anything type guy. He may be in a year or 2 but I dought it
No, Cyprien will never be able to cover Percy Harvin downfield, but he wasn't drafted to. He was drafted to be the Kam Chancellor of this defense: an in-the-box enforcer who can stick to a tight end or back if he has to, but we'd rather have him laying big hits on anyone who enters his zone with the ball. If Cyprien is being placed one-on-one against wideouts, he'll get burned every time. Sometimes I wonder if half of this board still has Del Rio's cover-two safety in its head as the mold Cyprien should fit.
Quote:Cyprien Performs Better stopping the running and tight-ends. I would bulk him up 15 more pounds and put him at the LB position.  Putting guys at there comfortable positions knowing that they would perform at best should be considered a option 

[Image: Implied-Facepalm.jpg]
Pages: 1 2