Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Are players or coaches the bigger problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Keeping in mind we have the youngest NFL roster with seven rookies on offense, second-year offensive tackles and defensive backs, and Denard Robinson, who do you think is a bigger cause of our inability to win, players or coaches? And what about the players or coaches do you think is a bigger cause for concern?

I am a huge believer that the team needs to get worse before it gets better because of the youth movement, so we should not give up on all of our young guys. However, I don't think anyone should get a pass because of his age because everyone needs to be held accountable.

Schemes and clock management definitely are the big problems with our coaches. Get rid of the ZBS, switch to MTM coverage, and teach Blake Bortles to run no-huddle plays when we are out of timeouts, and you will make me happy, Gus Bradley.

Both, though I think a better coach has us with two or three wins. 

Quote:Both, though I think a better coach has us with two or three wins. 

Just two or three wins? We won four last year with the same coaching staff.
This coaching staff is the bigger problem. 

I think the roster talent has solidly increased over the last 2 offseasons.  

Quote:Just two or three wins? We won four last year with the same coaching staff.

I mean currently at this point in time in the season. 

I honestly think it's a lack of talent right now. How many times has this board burned a coordinator at the stake and they go on to more talented teams and do just fine?

Dropping balls that's on the players, missing blocks that's on the players, missing tackles that's on the players. If we didn't do those 3 things we'd have at least 2 wins at this point.

Now the coaches have plenty of problems themselves, but if you're picking which one is a BIGGER problem it's the talent. 

There's no doubt that had Bradley not wasted 1 or 2 timeouts, the Jaguars would have been able to get into better field goal range. He also should have tried 1 more safe sideline pass with 12 seconds left.

That being said, I'm glad he is our coach. He has the potential to be one of the better coaches once he gets  more experience. He has natural leadership qualities which will eventually lead to success.

Quote:This coaching staff is the bigger problem. 

I think the roster talent has solidly increased over the last 2 offseasons.  

You think

Joeckel, Beadles, Bowanko, Linder, Pasturz are more talented than Monroe, Uche, Meester, Britton, Bradfield where?

or

Hayes, Watson, Telvin are more talented than Smith,  Allen and Stanford where?

or

Gerhart, Johnson, Robinson, Toddman are any of them more talented then MJD, Greg Jones, Owens and Jennings where?

I think the talent is significantly worse except at QB and SS other then that I don't see more talent on this team. 
Quote:Just two or three wins? We won four last year with the same coaching staff.

He's saying already this season. My goodness...
Quote:You think

Joeckel, Beadles, Bowanko, Linder, Pasturz are more talented than Monroe, Uche, Meester, Britton, Bradfield where?

or

Hayes, Watson, Telvin are more talented than Smith,  Allen and Stanford where?

or

Gerhart, Johnson, Robinson, Toddman are any of them more talented then MJD, Greg Jones, Owens and Jennings where?

I think the talent is significantly worse except at QB and SS other then that I don't see more talent on this team. 

MJD, Greg Jones and Montell Owens were done. It's not 2009.
Quote:MJD, Greg Jones and Montell Owens were done. It's not 2009.

In 2012 they where serviceable, I'm not saying they're more talented today. I'm saying the RB positions is not more talented today then it was in 2012, I 'd argue it's less talented. 

Heck Jennings would be the best RB on our team today.

You know if they were still on the team they would have more yards than our current backfield. MJD is only 29, Greg jones is always a monster.
Quote:You know if they were still on the team they would have more yards than our current backfield. MJD is only 29, Greg jones is always a monster.

I don't think MJD and Jones would be better today, that's not my point. My point was in 2012 they where better then what we have today in 2014, I was countering TMD saying the talent is better, it's not.
Quote:In 2012 they where serviceable, I'm not saying they're more talented today. I'm saying the RB positions is not more talented today then it was in 2012, I 'd argue it's less talented. 

Heck Jennings would be the best RB on our team today.

And these same "fans" were railing about how bad he was. Just shows how little patience and foresight these people have.
It's both however I think this roster is more talented than the product we've seen on the field.

The coaching here is terrible. Bottom of the league terrible.
Quote:You know if they were still on the team they would have more yards than our current backfield. MJD is only 29, Greg jones is always a monster.

Greg Jones is a street free agent. He was good 4 years ago. Btw how many rushing yards does MJDoubleWide have currently?

Actually shouldn't we compare our current running backs to when they were rookies? If you want to talk about talent, age should be the common denominator.

Using that criterion, MJD beats Storm Johnson and Denard Robinson every day of the week.

Both...

GM isn't filling the roster with talent (he's doing an average job at best compared to other GMs)

and the coaches are not doing a great job at developing.

The Jags haven't had a decent O Line since Coughlin.  They need to find the best O Line coach out there and pay them whatever they want.