Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles already at 1,000 yds passing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In 3 and a half games... Thats pretty impressive, hes averaging 250/ game and is on pace for 3500 yds in 12 and a half games
Yeah, the guy can play. I'm glad we have him!

Probably be the most in Jag history
Yeah, he's legitimately on pace for 4000 yards in a full 16 game season, already. 

The TD total needs to increase, though. 

Interestingly enough...

If Blake can average 273 yards per game, 2 TD per game, and play for the next 15 years... He'll have career totals similar to Peyton Manning. 

Doesn't seem that hard put in that perspective, does it?? :woot: 

It's that crappy coaching and play calling from that crappy OC.

If he had won his 3 starts, I wouldn't care how many yards he threw for.

I do however love him and think he's going to actually be our franchise guy.
Quote:If he had won his 3 starts, I wouldn't care how many yards he threw for.

I do however love him and think he's going to actually be our franchise guy.

I'm the opposite; I care more about his individual performance than the wins. 
This guy is going to be elite when our running game and offensive line are fixed.

Quote:I'm the opposite; I care more about his individual performance than the wins. 

I agree with you. I want a star NFL QB for once. 

Besides, if Bortles indeed becomes a star and produces star QB numbers, the wins also WILL be there as a result. 
Quote:I agree with you. I want a star NFL QB for once. 

Besides, if Bortles indeed becomes a star and produces star QB numbers, the wins also WILL be there as a result.
Agreed
Quote:I agree with you. I want a star NFL QB for once. 

So wins are the result of the growth process, hmmm?
Quote:So wins are the result of the growth process, hmmm?

Wins are generally the result of big statistical numbers produced from the QB position, yes. 
Quote:Wins are generally the result of big statistical numbers produced from the QB position, yes. 

So these terrible coaches with awful plans are developing a QB who is producing what might be the best numbers a Jags QB has produced. Does that cognitive dissonance hurt?
Quote:Yeah, the guy can play. I'm glad we have him!

Me too! He's the overwhelming bright spot in a dim season.
I'd love to see Bortles throw 300+ yards for the next two games.  The Jaguars have never had a QB throw 300+ yards in back to back to back games.

Quote:I'd love to see Bortles throw 300+ yards for the next two games.  The Jaguars have never had a QB throw 300+ yards in back to back to back games.

I would've guessed Brunell did back in the day, but I have no idea. 
Quote:Yeah, he's legitimately on pace for 4000 yards in a full 16 game season, already.

Interestingly enough...

If Blake can average 273 yards per game, 2 TD per game, and play for the next 15 years... He'll have career totals similar to Peyton Manning.

The TDs will come, that I have no doubt about.

A pass catching threat at TE and a better offensive system would do wonders too. A glimpse of a running game couldn't hurt.

He's looking like a darn good QB on a mediocre offense. I can't imagine what he'll look like in a better one.

He's special and good things will come, a few tweaks could make that come a lot faster (and even better) in my opinion.
Quote:Yeah, he's legitimately on pace for 4000 yards in a full 16 game season, already.

Interestingly enough...

That is actually interesting.
Quote:I'm the opposite; I care more about his individual performance than the wins.

For this year I agree.
Quote: 

He's looking like a darn good QB on a mediocre offense. I can't imagine what he'll look like in a better one.

I think this line was the most important thing mentioned in your post. 
Pages: 1 2