Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Nissan Juke
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone have any thoughts (good or bad) about the Juke? Been thinking about getting a vehicle that gets better gas mileage and this has caught my attention.

Quote:Does anyone have any thoughts (good or bad) about the Juke? Been thinking about getting a vehicle that gets better gas mileage and this has caught my attention.

I know a person who owns one and traded it for a Rouge within the same week. The gas mileage is the same, you get more space with the Rouge.
I owned a Nissan and had some problems with it, and while I had it at the dealer the mechanic there told me they were having a lot of problems with the Jukes.
I think that was the year they came out, so it could be different now.
Looks like an insect.

My wife wanted one, glad I talked her out of it. I don't even fit in the front. (Too tall) plus they are ugly, cute if your a chick.
As a mechanic and someone who's job it is to decide what cars are good enough for my employer to recondition I have to say I'm not a Nissan fan. The CVT transmissions in all of their FWD vehicles makes you feel like the trans is always slipping or the engine is always trying really hard. I agree that the styling of the Juke is somewhat appealing but buy a Rav 4 or a CR-V. They are better in every way.
Quote:As a mechanic and someone who's job it is to decide what cars are good enough for my employer to recondition I have to say I'm not a Nissan fan. The CVT transmissions in all of their FWD vehicles makes you feel like the trans is always slipping or the engine is always trying really hard. I agree that the styling of the Juke is somewhat appealing but buy a Rav 4 or a CR-V. They are better in every way.

Agreed you can't beat the CR-V
Quote:As a mechanic and someone who's job it is to decide what cars are good enough for my employer to recondition I have to say I'm not a Nissan fan. The CVT transmissions in all of their FWD vehicles makes you feel like the trans is always slipping or the engine is always trying really hard. I agree that the styling of the Juke is somewhat appealing but buy a Rav 4 or a CR-V. They are better in every way.

In regards to my first post in the thread, I'll never own another Nissan again.
Thanks for the comments. The main negative thing I have seen online is that the MPG is not as advertised, but I wouldn't think Nissan could get away with that is it is true. It doesn't seem like anyone is a fan of the car.

(I am a short chick so the interior space is not an issue).

Quote:Thanks for the comments. The main negative thing I have seen online is that the MPG is not as advertised, but I wouldn't think Nissan could get away with that is it is true. It doesn't seem like anyone is a fan of the car.

(I am a short chick so the interior space is not an issue).

I ended up with a Kia Soul and I like it for the money.
My 17 yr old daughter thinks they're cool.

I won't own anything but Nissan.  I've had two vehicles since 1993, an SE-V6 4x4 truck I bought in new '93 and Frontier 4x2 I bought new in 2006.  The only thing I ever had go wrong with either one was the AC in the first truck in 2006, which actually led to the purchase of the new one.  So, in 21 years, I've not been on the side of the road, or without my vehicle due to any repair.  My wife also has a 2009 Altima Coupe and nothing has broken on it yet, either.    

Can't trust the CVTs.

They're cute and all, but I think I'd take a Kia or Scion versions over the Nissan offering.

I hope I didn't sound like I think they are junk. They are solid cars but if I had to rank them I would put them just ahead of GM but behind Ford. My overall ranking would probably look something like.

1.Toyota

2.Honda

3.Volkswagen

4.Hyundai (They have come a very long way!)

5.Ford

6.Nissan

7.GM

8.Kia

27.Chrysler

I left out most European cars because I don't like them....and they didn't fit in this general pricepoint.
right now i drive an 04 BMW 325xi but i wanted to get something newer and stick with the AWD so i test drove a juke, whatever their nicest model was.

inside felt really cheap, the acceleration is terrible (even though its turbo charged) and visibility in the mirrors wasnt great.

i wound up going with a VW GTI even though the price tag was about 8 grand more, it was an extremely nice car and i highly recommend it.

But 2 days later found out i was moving to florida so, cancelled everything haha.

If you want someone to tell you how me mechanically sound they are, go ask those other people. If you want someone to tell you that you'll look like your batting fir the other team, no matter what gender you are, I've got your back.
Quote:I hope I didn't sound like I think they are junk. They are solid cars but if I had to rank them I would put them just ahead of GM but behind Ford. My overall ranking would probably look something like.

1.Toyota

2.Honda

3.Volkswagen

4.Hyundai (They have come a very long way!)

5.Ford

6.Nissan

7.GM

8.Kia

27.Chrysler

I left out most European cars because I don't like them....and they didn't fit in this general pricepoint.

Toyota

Honda

Ford

Hyundai

Nissan

Volvo

GM

Volkswagen

Kia

On the never never not even If it's free list

Chrysler

Mercedes

BMW
Quote:Toyota

Honda

Ford

Hyundai

Nissan

Volvo

GM

Volkswagen

Kia

On the never never not even If it's free list

Chrysler

Mercedes

BMW
My employer offers demo vehicles for managers as a perk. That's the only way I would drive a European car. I would also take an SRT Challenger in that scenario. I probably give Ford too much credit for being the only domestic car maker to get through the recession without government help. TTheir styling is nice but I hate the idea of touch screens in cars.
Quote:My employer offers demo vehicles for managers as a perk. That's the only way I would drive a European car. I would also take an SRT Challenger in that scenario. I probably give Ford too much credit for being the only domestic car maker to get through the recession without government help. TTheir styling is nice but I hate the idea of touch screens in cars.

You know I forgot about Subaru and Mitsubishi I'd sandwich them somewhere above Nissan. 

The European cars are just  such different machines, I tell people at my shop unless you're committed to treat them completely different then all your friends and neighbors treat their cars don't even bother. 

I get guys in with Mercedes that are 13 + years old all day and they don't get why their oil cost so much, their parts are so expensive and the labor is so much more to fix basic problems. 

The most frustrating is the guys that go buy these TDI's and want me to do a basic oil change and I have to explain to them I can't just put standard oil in their TDI. 

BMW ugh, those are just junk cars. I at least admit Mercedes are built to last they just cost a fortune to maintain and run. But BMW total garbage it's the equivalent of a Chrysler from Europe. 

Doesn't matter in 10 years it'll all be obsolete. You see the new automated Mercedes semi's coming down the pike? I'm convinced that's where it's all going automated vehicles are so much closer then people realize. Personally I'd never get in one, I've seen to many sensors fail to trust my life to an automated vehicle. 
Pages: 1 2