Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "This Is Us", 2nd Half Season 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone watch this show? My family and I are hooked. Not sure why on at 10:00 tonight though, yuck

Yeah, we watch it. It's a really good show.

Quit watching it...got boring for me.  I may try to pick it up again.

I keep hearing about it but not sure it's up my alley. Might look at it of it makes it to Netflix or Amazon. 

Feels a lot like the Parenthood show that ended a year or two ago.

Quote:Feels a lot like the Parenthood show that ended a year or two ago.
It does have that feel, but many different dynamics for sure. But closely related show feel, yea.

Last night's mid season premier was excellent
Yeah it was, it jumps around a lot and can be a bit confusing if your Wife is busy playing Candy Crush. Requires attention!

Quote:Yeah it was, it jumps around a lot and can be a bit confusing if your Wife is busy playing Candy Crush. Requires attention!
Ha, so true. The jumping around is what really makes the show. They tie the stories together so perfectly.
Quote:Feels a lot like the Parenthood show that ended a year or two ago.
Oh gosh, that show drove me nuts. Maybe this won't be a show I'm into. Shows about kids and families is not something I relate to if it's the primary focus of the show. 
Quote:Oh gosh, that show drove me nuts. Maybe this won't be a show I'm into. Shows about kids and families is not something I relate to if it's the primary focus of the show. 
Yea, you would hate it.
Quote:Yea, you would hate it.
x2, that's all it's about and the all the screwed up relationships that come with it.
Quote:Yea, you would hate it.
Thank you. I'm glad the comparison was brought up. Now I know what not to watch. 

Quote:x2, that's all it's about and the all the screwed up relationships that come with it.
Yeah, I can't deal with that kind of stuff. Parenthood I lasted about 3-4 episodes, max. I wanted to poke my eyes out with hot pokers.

I tried watching an episode of Gilmore Girls because I kept hearing about how good it was and a miniseries came out on Netflix recently so I figured I'd give it a try. Even if I were 20 years younger I couldn't watch that show. Way too much blah, blah, blah. Too many witty comebacks and sarcasm. And had I ever talked to my mom the way that girl.....Rory- had I ever talked to my mom they way she talks to hers? I would be dead or in traction permanently. I can't tolerate that behavior, even on a TV show. 
Quote:Thank you. I'm glad the comparison was brought up. Now I know what not to watch. 

Yeah, I can't deal with that kind of stuff. Parenthood I lasted about 3-4 episodes, max. I wanted to poke my eyes out with hot pokers.

I tried watching an episode of Gilmore Girls because I kept hearing about how good it was and a miniseries came out on Netflix recently so I figured I'd give it a try. Even if I were 20 years younger I couldn't watch that show. Way too much blah, blah, blah. Too many witty comebacks and sarcasm. And had I ever talked to my mom the way that girl.....Rory- had I ever talked to my mom they way she talks to hers? I would be dead or in traction permanently. I can't tolerate that behavior, even on a TV show. 
You should watch the first episode of "The Mick". I wanted to beat those kids myself.
Quote:You should watch the first episode of "The Mick". I wanted to beat those kids myself.
Lol, no thanks. I don't want to have to be put on blood pressure meds.