Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles is making his case for rookie of the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Teddy has missed time. Kelvin has cooled off.

And Blake has now pulled even.

It would be the first time in team history that we would have a rookie of the year.
I don't think we will have enough wins for him to get the award.

As good as he is, as bright as his future is, I think he stands no chance of getting ROY.

Not happenin. If he was putting up wins sure. But he's not. No fault of his own, but he won't get exposure.
I think Derek Carr from the Raiders may have something to say about that.
Quote:Not happenin. If he was putting up wins sure. But he's not. No fault of his own, but he won't get exposure.
no matter how good he is, without a competent supporting cast around him he won't get the nod. 'Shame really, he's a very good young quarterback. I hate the thought that what happened to Mojo could easily happen to BB2....(aka-being stuck on a team of underachievers...).
Quote:As good as he is, as bright as his future is, I think he stands no chance of getting ROY.
Well of course, he's a Jaguar.

Nothing we do is going to be considered until we begin to fully dominate.

This is not me whining. This is being realistic and honest about our situation. The rest of the league and the media will not give us credit until we sustain respect. It's human nature.
Quote:I think Derek Carr from the Raiders may have something to say about that.

I have a tough time thinking the top two candidates for OROY will be on teams that win under 3 games this year.  Carr's 4 TDs were impressive though.
Let's face it though.  It's all about fantasy stats.  If by the end of the year he's carrying everyone's fantasy team it won't matter what the record is.  

I'd love to believe it, but no.  It probably won't happen.

I watched Kelvin Benjamin against Cincy yesterday. I'm not sure about what stats he accumulated. But, he looked very good, especially for a rookie. He had a TD reception in the back of the end zone that was a very tough catch to stay inbound.

I think he's going to win it if he keeps consistent with how he's played so far.
I thought this was a joke...

Quote:As good as he is, as bright as his future is, I think he stands no chance of getting ROY.

I wouldn't say "no chance". But Mr conservative Fisch would need to be dialing up more plays to get Bortles better numbers, namely TD totals. The one TD per game average ain't going to net Bortles the OROY award. 

Quote:I think Derek Carr from the Raiders may have something to say about that.

The Raiders are doing it the right way by giving Carr the opportunity to put up numbers. 

I can't see Fisch ever giving Bortles the opportunity to get 4 TD passes in one game like Carr just got. Fisch and his slant/ dink dunk/ never go to the end zone crap passing offense. 
His chances are slim without any wins.

Quote:His chances are slim without any wins.

Wins wouldn't matter if he put up a high TD total. 

But Fisch's offense will never allow that high TD total so,,,,its probably moot. 
Kelvin Benjamin is the sexy pick for ROY. Wouldn't surprise me.

Quote:I can't see Fisch ever giving Bortles the opportunity to get 4 TD passes in one game like Carr just got. Fisch and his slant/ dink dunk/ never go to the end zone crap passing offense. 
That was his 5th start. Look at his first 4 games and tell me he wasn't dinking and dunking.

IMO, if they are holding back it's not because of Bortles, it's because of rookie WRs and OLinemen, and is throwing a 50 yard bomb to a RB really holding back?
Quote:That was his 5th start. Look at his first 4 games and tell me he wasn't dinking and dunking.

IMO, if they are holding back it's not because of Bortles, it's because of rookie WRs and OLinemen, and is throwing a 50 yard bomb to a RB really holding back?
Conversely... Why the heck are you having your RB running the go route?
Quote:Conversely... Why the heck are you having your RB running the go route?
To get a favorable matchup, I did think it was rather strange too, hard to get too mad a RB that drops a deep pass. It's possible that it wasn't designed to go that deep but since he had to avoid the rush the timing was off.
Quote:To get a favorable matchup, I did think it was rather strange too, hard to get too mad a RB that drops a deep pass. It's possible that it wasn't designed to go that deep but since he had to avoid the rush the timing was off.
good point... just would love to see fish call more 9 routes with the actual WRs. but i think we all would
Pages: 1 2