Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who is the best running back on the team?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You would think the answer is obviously Storm Johnson after seeing him start yesterday, but Denard Robinson seemed to get most of the carries. I wondered why it is not Robinson starting when I did not see Johnson the whole second half.

Blake Bortles
Gerhorse

Drob and Storm are even in terms of skill right now. They both show some flashes and good instincts, the offensive line just isn't doing its job. Giving up 6 sacks and getting beat on every run play has to stop. I still think we should draft Todd Gurley and fix this offensive line while doing so. We need a franchise running back like MJD and Freddy T

I don't want to think about drafting another running back before we pick any defensive players and a tight end. Do yourself a big favor and forget about Todd Gurley.

I heard Johnson has the best instincts, which makes me wonder why he was pulled for Robinson.

Its certainly not the great white hope. :no:

Ta'ufo'ou
Quote:Ta'ufo'ou

He rarely carries the ball. Has he ever taken a handoff?

JW, have you not seen Ta'ufo'ou run the football? He's a threat that teams should take seriously. He is the second coming of MJD and is very quick on his feet. If he keeps it up, he'll have more yards than all of our RB's combined and he'll be in Canton soon.

Quote:He rarely carries the ball. Has he ever taken a handoff?

He showed game breaking ability on his 2 receptions today. Maybe they need to give him some handoffs, especially on the stretch play.
Quote:JW, have you not seen Ta'ufo'ou run the football? He's a threat that teams should take seriously. He is the second coming of MJD and is very quick on his feet. If he keeps it up, he'll have more yards than all of our RBs combined and he'll be in Canton soon.

I have only seen him catch passes, not take handoffs.
If there was a clear cut answer to this question - we'd see that guy getting 15-18 carries each week.  There isn't a clear cut answer - largely because this O-line couldn't run block their way out of a wet paper bag if their lives depended on it. 

I like the combo of Johnson/Robinson moving forward for now. Since winning has taken a back seat to development - might as well let youth be served. 

Yes, but what does he do after he catches the passes? He runs... he runs for biggens.

I don't think winning has taken a back seat to development. Bradley has said, "It's not OK to lose," and all losses hurt.

Quote:Yes, but what does he do after he catches the passes? He runs... he runs for biggens.

Yep, and I love seeing that. But if he is the best RB on the team, he should be getting handoffs too, not just passes.
How bout fix the O-line before worrying about which running back is getting tackled behind the line. Get rid of this stupid freaking zone blocking system and get some players in here that aren't flat on their faces every freaking play.

We won't know until that zone blocking scheme is removed.

Quote:Blake Bortles
This is the truth.  He is close to having the team lead
Quote:How about fix the O-line before worrying about which running back is getting tackled behind the line. Get rid of this stupid freaking zone blocking system and get some players in here that aren't flat on their faces every freaking play.

We need to know which guy is stronger, quicker, faster, more agile, and better at finding gaps or running around the tackles, then have him develop chemistry with the linemen now that all five of them are playing better. Fixing the left guard position will have to wait until May 1 or 2.
I measure every Bortles run by whether or not he gets touched. NO PLAY this season is worth him even getting a contusion. We know he's tough, but a couple of his slides have been less than graceful. I'm okay with him taking off here and there, but I'd like to see him show me he can get out of bounds without getting hit at all, same with some slides. I'm okay with 4 and inches keepers, but 4th and 1+ leave to the RBs.
Pages: 1 2