Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Really fire gus, fisch, and Caldwell?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With all the talk of firing the coaches and GM, is crazy talk. We are in rebuilding to compete one day for a championship. Doesn't happen in yr 2. Expecially when we have so many rookies playing on offense. Defense I see is getting better coverage. Less explosive plays defense not giving up. However defense still needs a fs,lb, de, and dt.

Offense just needs to mature and that takes time. Offense needs more o line help, an all around TE. I don't like Mercedes Lewis in passing situations. He's so slow and uncoordinated in the way he runs. It's hard to watch.

On to Gus Bradley

I see a head coach learning as he goes. I wanna believe he will get better in time. The players love playing for him. I know he made bone headed challenges today. Just hope he learns from them and learn when to go for it on 4th down.

Jed Fisch

Hard to judge him on his play calling because you've rookie recievers starting, rookie qb, a bad online, average TE, and below average running backs. Hopefully the running back changes with storm and robinson developing. But right now it's still a need.

On to Dave Caldwell

I like his 2 drafts so far.

We finally got our future QB. And we know Qb are hard to find.

I like the recievers we got too.

I know some of you are questioning his free agent moves. But the d line is improving.

LG beadles is average but young enough to still maybe improve with this young bunch. Only time will tell.

The coaches and GM needs a pass till 2015 to really tell if this is in the right direction. I believe this team is in the right direction

Us fans have to just take a step back. Watch the team get better and wait for next yr to start seeing wins.

So kick back relax and watch our team get another high pick because we need all the talent we can get. We are so young and inexperience.

Don't Fire The OC. That would ruin progress and chemistry to get this offense going. It would also slow bortles progression. We need consistency.
Fisch should have never been hired, Gus should be starting to feel the heat and Caldwell should be fine.
i think the talent is there and the drafting has been good, so i dont blame caldwell. its only year two of a complete overhaul.

i do think coaching is lacking. idk if gus is to blame, but i definitely think somewhere, something is lacking big time with the coaching, and the playcalling.

Caldwell has not been good but he may have hit a home run with Bortles.  That will save his job.  The rest of the coaches are easily replaceable.  Somebody has to be responible going 4-18.

Remember that the Jags are still paying Mularkey and Gene Smith through next year. I doubt you'll see any movement on Gus this year.  Caldwell either.
Caldwell is fine. Fisch is a moron. How many screens did he call in a row!? Bradley is showing his lack of head coaching experience. I've never seen a team managed this terribly, ever...he's not a rookie coach anymore. His learning should have been worked out last year. If we don't win 5+ games this year he should be gone. Regardless of record, fisch needs to go. Horrendous, amateur play calling today.

If we didn't have BB out there today, it would have been REAL bad.

The Jaguar organization MADE THE DECISION to have a group of 1-2 year players in the first place... It is their fault that the team is like this and we are going 0-6 back to back seasons. I've been a fan for 20 years and it sucks that I've been waiting for 7 straight years to get a winning football team on the field. Patience is running low and I hope they can turn it around next season.

If this team manages to go 0-16, they need to make a change. Get Jim Harbaugh and keep Bradley for the defensive coordinator (if that's possible, probably not) and fire Babich. I'm on the fence with Fisch. I'm also tired of seeing this team not spend money in FA for quality players, not washed up bad players. Do not get players unless they are proven and are still somewhat young, like Julius Thomas and Devin McCourty.

Finally, a post with common sense. Winning 4 games last year with a team that may have been the least talented team in NFL history was impressive. Now we have a ton of rookies seeing playing time on offense and a young defense that still has some major holes to fill. Firing Gus Bradley in the middle of all this is irresponsible and absurd. Next year is when you can start to legitimately criticize if we aren't showing progress. I think an 8-8 next year is reasonable. Another 4-12 or 5-11 and firing him should be on the table.

FIRE THEM ALLL!!! CAUSE THE NEW GUY WILL BEE SO MUCH BETTA!!!!!  

(Mularkey would have had 1 win by now !!!! :angry:  :angry:  So mad.)

It's funny to continually give Gus a pass because we're rebuilding...............again. Let's look at recent history.

Del Rio (then Mel Tucker) went 5-11 in the 2011 season with rookie Blaine Gabbert and the talentless players Gene Smith acquired. Right? Then Mularkey comes in 2012 and wins only 2 games with pretty much the same players yet he's fired in one season.

Gus and Dave come in and send most of the talentless players out the door only to replace them with their own. Now here we are again in the cellar looking like the chumps of the NFL with a grand total of 4 wins in 22 games but Gus and Dave get a pass from some around here because we're rebuilding.................again.

Many will say he needs 3 years. Does he get 3 years if we go 0-16 this year? Or will you say if we go 0-16 it's time to change invalidating your argument he gets 3 years? SMH.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

Quote:It's funny to continually give Gus a pass because we're rebuilding...............again. Let's look at recent history.

Del Rio (then Mel Tucker) went 5-11 in the 2011 season with rookie Blaine Gabbert and the talentless players Gene Smith acquired. Right? Then Mularkey comes in 2012 and wins only 2 games with pretty much the same players yet he's fired in one season.

Gus and Dave come in and send most of the talentless players out the door only to replace them with their own. Now here we are again in the cellar looking like the chumps of the NFL with a grand total of 4 wins in 22 games but Gus and Dave get a pass from some around here because we're rebuilding.................again.

Many will say he needs 3 years. Does he get 3 years if we go 0-16 this year? Or will you say if we go 0-16 it's time to change invalidating your argument he gets 3 years? SMH.

Regards........................the Chiefjag

Caldwell is doing ok for being a rookie GM. BB saved him some time, but I'm not giving ANY of the coaches a pass. If bill belichick were coaching this team we'd be 2-3 right now.
I have been all for giving us time and I still think we have to give the whole team time. But I have to admit I have not been a fan of Fisch at all thus far. Do I want people fired before the end of the year? No.

I'm just not gonna bother.. Everyone just keeps repeating the same thing just in different threads, whether right or wrong.. 

So this post shouldn't go to waste.. 

[Image: 2u9llpv.jpg]

My position is that the entire concept of rebuilding is that you are going to suck.   In 2015 or 2016 it doesn't matter if we are 1-15 or 7-9 in 2014.  What can you really do?  Gene Smith was 7-9 the first year of his rebuild.  What did it lead to?  The decision Khan made in 2013 was a 3-4 year decision.  It is what it is.  He was wrong or he was right.  Make me something good in 3-4 years.  What happens inbetween? How much does it matter?    

GIT RID OF ERRYBODY!!!  

But wait, isn't that rebuilding again?

Quote:My position is that the entire concept of rebuilding is that you are going to suck.   In 2015 or 2016 it doesn't matter if we are 1-15 or 7-9 in 2014.  What can you really do?  Gene Smith was 7-9 the first year of his rebuild.  What did it lead to?  The decision Khan made in 2013 was a 3-4 year decision.  It is what it is.  He was wrong or he was right.  Make me something good in 3-4 years.  What happens inbetween? How much does it matter?    

GIT RID OF ERRYBODY!!!  

But wait, isn't that rebuilding again?
Just stop. What you said will never be understood by the people here. You're better off saving your time than fighting this battle. 
Rebuilding... heh.. .....heh

lets all stop buying tickets, jersey's and 8 dollar beers until we see a win or two then.

See how much quicker the rebuild comes.. after 7 years of freaking re-freaking building.

Reeeeeeeeeeee..buuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilding

Quote:Rebuilding... heh.. .....heh

lets all stop buying tickets, jersey's and 8 dollar beers until we see a win or two then.

See how much quicker the rebuild comes.. after 7 years of freaking re-freaking building.

Reeeeeeeeeeee..buuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilding

No quicker.  

And THAT's realistic.  
Yeah.... pity

Fisch is terrible, if you give him time you're just wasting Blake.

Quote:Finally, a post with common sense. Winning 4 games last year with a team that may have been the least talented team in NFL history was impressive. Now we have a ton of rookies seeing playing time on offense and a young defense that still has some major holes to fill. Firing Gus Bradley in the middle of all this is irresponsible and absurd. Next year is when you can start to legitimately criticize if we aren't showing progress. I think an 8-8 next year is reasonable. Another 4-12 or 5-11 and firing him should be on the table.

Agree. And to say fisch sucks is hard to say when you don't have much to work with on offense. You ve a bunch of rookies playing on offense. You can tell fisch is holding back the play calling because they don't want to overload the players with information. It's going to take time. The players have to pay attention to detail. I think once the players are more comfortable playing in Jed offense, you will see the play book expand more.
Pages: 1 2