Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We need another Justin Blackmon type reciever.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Minus the off the field problems, of course.

Remember the short time Blackmon played, starting against the Texans last year?  He rolled up some amazing numbers, and was virtually unstoppable.  He was the kind of reciever who broke the game wide open. He made Henne look good--which is probably the highest compliment you can pay any wide reciever.

I think that's what Bortles is missing. Someone who is capable of taking it to the house any time.  Someone who strikes fear in the hearts of defensive backs.  I very much like A-Rob, Lee, and Hurns. But they don't scare anyone--not yet.

Yes, I know the team needs help at a lot of positions. But I really think a Blackmon-type reciever would have a bigger impact than any other acquistion.

Everyone will look better with some kind of run game
I like what I see from Allen Robinson.  He is not as explosive but he does fight for the ball.

Quote:I like what I see from Allen Robinson.  He is not as explosive but he does fight for the ball.
Doesn't need to be fast, as long as he has reliable hands, good route running, and vertical explosiveness - like Larry Fitzgerald.
Quote:Minus the off the field problems, of course.

Remember the short time Blackmon played, starting against the Texans last year?  He rolled up some amazing numbers, and was virtually unstoppable.  He was the kind of reciever who broke the game wide open. He made Henne look good--which is probably the highest compliment you can pay any wide reciever.

I think that's what Bortles is missing. Someone who is capable of taking it to the house any time.  Someone who strikes fear in the hearts of defensive backs.  I very much like A-Rob, Lee, and Hurns. But they don't scare anyone--not yet.

Yes, I know the team needs help at a lot of positions. But I really think a Blackmon-type reciever would have a bigger impact than any other acquistion.

Those guys are hard to find, hence why they're drafted so high. The only Blackmon type player were getting anytime soon is Blackmon, if he ever even plays or looks the same again. I don't see any Blackmon caliber player in college at the moment, although that could change.
Quote:Minus the off the field problems, of course.

maybe one day justin blackmon will be back, until then we have a lot of promise with our wide outs. they just need some time. we are rolling 3 rookies out there and ace is just a second year guy who has some rust, cecil is probably rusty too with his hamstring injuries he keeps rushing back from.
Starts with the O-line. Better protection for Bortles, opens holes for the running game which in turn makes opposing defenses stack the box and opens up receivers.
We do NOT need any more WRs.  There are TONS of other needs that are much more pressing to this horrific franchise.

Quote:Those guys are hard to find, hence why they're drafted so high. The only Blackmon type player were getting anytime soon is Blackmon, if he ever even plays or looks the same again. I don't see any Blackmon caliber player in college at the moment, although that could change.
I see a little bit of Blackmon in Amari Cooper in the way he attacks the ball but we can't waste a high pick on him when our line is this bad. Trade back take Gurley then load up the trenches.
when the D can cheat on our routes because they know we're not going to throw beyond 10 yards, it really doesn't matter having a "blackmon" type receiver.

Our WRs are just fine...

It's a matter of having enough time for BB5 and staying aggressive with the play calling. Both of which are kinda lack-luster in long stretches of the game.

Taking Amari Cooper or Gurley is important. I don't care if the line needs help, you do NOT let both of them get drafted when you had the chance to get one of them. Too much talent to give up right there...

Receivers are fine. It's the playcalling that is uninspiring.

Quote:Taking Amari Cooper or Gurley is important. I don't care if the line needs help, you do NOT let both of them get drafted when you had the chance to get one of them. Too much talent to give up right there...

A RB and a 5-11 190 lb WR.  No, just no. 
We definitely need a running back. Bad.
The receivers will look better when they aren't running screens and curls all day. 

...How about just Justin Blackmon.....? He's what we need. 

Quote:The receivers will look better when they aren't running screens and curls all day. 

and slants....
No RB is getting though the holes this O-Line creates.. 

Why not just walk to the nearby liquor store and ask Blackmon to come back?
Gurley has character issues. I'll pass. I'll wait for Fournette.

Pages: 1 2