Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Missing the field goal was a good thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is my perspective.   The game was already played out.  We know what we have right now.  Does making the field goal really make you better than the Titans, Colts, and Texans in 2015+     NO  !!!  

We've seen that before when we beat the Colts and you all got excited (allowing them to get A. Luck).   Trust me, missing the field goal "MAY" be a good thing.   The draft is critical to the success of this team; similar to what the Lions experienced.  Give me the #1 pick and I'll guarantee this team will be much better in 2 years then winning a few meaningless games and ending up with the #6+ pick.

NO -- I don't want to lose.  But if you ask me whether I'd take a Week 6 FG or the #1 pick, let me be "on the clock"

I can't wait the "meaningless wins" threads

Tank for _________

Losing to Charlie Riding on the White Horse hurts too much.  This draft doesn't even look that good.  I'd much rather have Bortles get his first win, than to have the #1 pick.

No losing especially losing to the tacks is never a good thing

That's great and all....but the #1 pick doesn't guarantee you anything.  I'll take the wins and the confidence of the young players into next season.  As much as folks ponder around the #1 overall pick, it's not as it's cracked up to be.  We have our QB of the future, and whatever happens in the draft, happens.  I'll be looking for a win next week.

Im already counting down to April.  Bortles has made the offense exciting to watch and they are playing better than I expected this season. We just need to take more deeper shots so we can work those kinks out.  Rebuilding this team was suppose to take more than two years.  I see us being competitive next season and a contender in two.

but who are we tanking for now?

Quote:Tank for _________

Trade down. Multiple 1st rounders. Take them for all they got. And, Success!!!
I'M SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT MAKING OR MISSING THE FIELD GOAL ...... not the work of art on the field.

Yeah I'm with you. This season is lost been lost. Top draft posistion is what will make this team better in the long run. At this point I could care less about this team winning this year. They suck and the only way to get better is to draft more players. Can't wait for the off season.
um we missed out on free subs ... you know the only thing that has real $ amounts for the fans

Can we draft a head coach?

you dont have to be happy or think that it's good that we missed a field goal

you can root for a win and seeing how sorry this team is, they'll lose anyway so just continue to root to win.

Quote:Can we draft a head coach?
The bucs traded for gruden
Tank for Amari Cooper or the king's ransom for Mariota.
Feeling good about losing is for losers.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

If we get 1st pick, people know we wont pick a QB, so that lessens our trade leverage IMO. Unless the 2nd pick needs a franchise QB and someone needs to leapfrog them.
Tired of tanking. We got our QB. I really do think we need to add some experience on the O-line and an experienced FS in free agency. And then more young talent at OL, TE, RB, LB, DL. We don't need that one good QB anymore. We need guys to start stepping up and filling the holes of the positions I just mentioned. 

Quote:This is my perspective.   The game was already played out.  We know what we have right now.  Does making the field goal really make you better than the Titans, Colts, and Texans in 2015+     NO  !!!  

We've seen that before when we beat the Colts and you all got excited (allowing them to get A. Luck).   Trust me, missing the field goal "MAY" be a good thing.   The draft is critical to the success of this team; similar to what the Lions experienced.  Give me the #1 pick and I'll guarantee this team will be much better in 2 years then winning a few meaningless games and ending up with the #6+ pick.

NO -- I don't want to lose.  But if you ask me whether I'd take a Week 6 FG or the #1 pick, let me be "on the clock"
Hmmm. I was on board with the notion a couple of years ago that it would've been the smart thing to tank that last game against the colts to prevent them from getting Luck; however, that was then and this is now. I'm not sure if 'tanking' at this point is a valid strategy. Which do you suppose is of the greater long term value at this point; for our young franchise quarterback to get his first NFL win and start boosting his confidence, or to get another first round pick? As it happens, 'tanking' seems like a moot point anyway; we don't seem to have to go out of our way to lose...

In some ways, this looks like it could be a risky situation we're in now. Bortles seems like a really strong young man, but he is a human, and the human psych can be a delicate thing; too much 'bad luck' will tend to get anyone down, no matter how strong. I think that before we jump on the 'lets tank the season' bandwagon, we might want to take a hard look at what the possible implications of that might be if the team were to go down that road.

We're 0-6 now; it's not a happy situation. The tacks were one of....correction- they were the team we had the best shot at beating, but we came up short... again. Our next best chance for a win isn't until week 16 when we play the tacks again at home; but by then, will it matter? I was using this game as sort of a barometer of the team. A win today would suggest that they were primed to win more. A loss reinforces the possibility that our team may be on track to go 0-16, though I'm holding out hope that we will somehow pull out at least two wins. The loss today makes that hope seem... questionable.

Pages: 1 2 3