Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Storm Johnson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I didn't know if this was already put up here but I guess I am just excited to see what Storm can do today.

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, the Jaguars wanted to move Storm Johnson up the depth chart "weeks ago," but Johnson was dealing with a lingering ankle injury at the time.

I do hope Storm has a giant game today, I know its not really expected but it would be awesome.

Our offense has too many rookies to be one-dimensional. Need to do be able to run the ball
Plus he has an awesome name
Got that first TD out of the way quickly.

nice to see he can actually get two yards up the middle.

I'd say we have another piece of the puzzle.

Yeah, that 6 carries for 12 yards is really impressive. Wallbash

I'll stick by my statement that the future of runningback is in college.

Quote:Yeah, that 6 carries for 12 yards is really impressive. Wallbash

You guys are killing me.  It has EVERYTHING to do with the O-Line.
Quote:I didn't know if this was already put up here but I guess I am just excited to see what Storm can do today.

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, the Jaguars wanted to move Storm Johnson up the depth chart "weeks ago," but Johnson was dealing with a lingering ankle injury at the time.
Well...did you see.  The best running back in the world couldn't run behind this line.
Yea our offensive line is pretty pitiful.  I don't know how they will fix this line without landing a couple of good free agent guys to bring in next year.  

Does he start this week if Gerhart is good to go?

I hope that ankle doesn't become a chronic thing this year. Looked like he banged it up again last week.

He's a guy that might be developed, but he's definitely not impressing anyone right now. 

And I'll stick to my statement that you could put Adrian Peterson in his prime on our team with the garbage ZBS scheme we currently run and he'd suffer his worst YPC of his career. 
Quote:And I'll stick to my statement that you could put Adrian Peterson in his prime on our team with the garbage ZBS scheme we currently run and he'd suffer his worst YPC of his career.

Its not the scheme, it's the players. Have you watches any of the games? They get no push. The ZBS doesn't make it so when they lock up with a defensive lineman that they get plowed through or pushed around.
Quote:Its not the scheme, it's the players. Have you watches any of the games? They get no push. The ZBS doesn't make it so when they lock up with a defensive lineman that they get plowed through or pushed around.

I guess its just coincidence then that Yarno's OL's in Detroit look IDENTICAL to the issues we are having the past 2 seasons, particularly in the running game. 

WHen EVERY RB is suffering the same fate and it doesn't matter what OL changes are made, then the issue likely isn't the RB's and OL talent. Its the scheme. 
Quote:I guess its just coincidence then that Yarno's OL's in Detroit look IDENTICAL to the issues we are having the past 2 seasons, particularly in the running game.

WHen EVERY RB is suffering the same fate and it doesn't matter what OL changes are made, then the issue likely isn't the RB's and OL talent. Its the scheme.

Every RB would also suffer the same fate if the players on the offensive line just weren't good.

I asked you, have you watched them play? They get no push. They seldom win at the point of attack. What yarno did elsewhere is irrelevant. The players are not winning 1 on 1s.
Quote:I guess its just coincidence then that Yarno's OL's in Detroit look IDENTICAL to the issues we are having the past 2 seasons, particularly in the running game.

I agree with this.. But it is a combination of other stuff i believe also,like the timing of play calls and personel.
Quote:Every RB would also suffer the same fate if the players on the offensive line just weren't good.

I asked you, have you watched them play? They get no push. They seldom win at the point of attack. What yarno did elsewhere is irrelevant. The players are not winning 1 on 1s.

Pretty much.

It will be nice to see how Storm does with increased playing time, for sure.
Pages: 1 2