Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on 1010XL and Jags radio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

I only really started listening to the 'Audio' this season, but I am really enjoying it.

I guess Tony Boselli only recently became a part of the show. It is really great to enjoy Tony's spirit again as a part of the team. His commentary is raw, and poignant. He has a ton to offer, I don't know if he is helping out with actual coaching of the line, but I think he should be if he has the time or inclination.

The Postgame and Scoreboard shows are enjoyable too, been listening all season long. The hosts do a nice job, but what I really love is Fred Taylor's commentary. I loved Fred from his first play as a Jag, just a real class act. He is as artful with his tongue as he ever was with his feet. A very positive guy, while still calling out what needs to be done to get this team moving forward.

David Garrard (another very classy guy) also provides pertinent points, and connects the history of the franchise with the present very well.

One question I have is, and maybe I am missing the obvious, but how do I listen to the shows in real time? It also seems like theer are other segments of the radio shows that aren't posted online. Anyone know if this is true or not, and why not?

If you haven't tried listening, give it a whirl, these guys recognize where things are, good and bad, and provide knowledgeable and reasonably objective teal commentary.
I'll never understand how Hacker got on the air except to give hope to stupid people.

Yeah, I heard that name. Who is it again?

And who is Fat Tony?
I always wondered what the XL is for and why nobody here just types 1010 without those letters.

Quote:One question I have is, and maybe I am missing the obvious, but how do I listen to the shows in real time? It also seems like theer are other segments of the radio shows that aren't posted online. Anyone know if this is true or not, and why not?

I know I've listened to the station live a few times on the 1010xl website in the afternoon.  I assumed the entire station was live on that site but I don't really know for sure.  
Quote:I always wondered what the XL is for and why nobody here just types 1010 without those letters.

XL means Extra Large.
XL is the Roman numeral for 40.  It indicates how many minutes of ads there are every hour.

XL is for Fat Tony and Hacker.
Quote:XL means Extra Large.

I know that is true for clothing, but there is no such thing as an "extra large" radio station.