Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week in the AFC South seemed to be a week for lower scoring and closer games than normal.  The resurgent Colts ground out a tough 20-13 win over the Ravens in their lowest offensive output of the season, while also surrendering the fewest points in any game this year  In fact, despite the lack of a pass rusher with Mathis being down for the year, the Colts D seems to be getting its legs, giving up 17, 17, and 13 points the last three games.  The Jaguars D surrendered only ten (10) points to the Steelers' offense last week, but it still wasn't enough as the Steelers prevailed 17-9 in a game competitive until the end.  The Texans defense has been playing pretty well most of the season, even without rookie OLB/DE Jadeveon Clowney, but lost 20-17 in overtime to cross state rival Dallas.  Meanwhile, the Tacks had a high scoring but monumental collapse at home, blowing a 28-3 lead to lose to Cleveland 29-28.    In fact, their defense seems to be trending in the opposite direction of the Colts.  Since opening day, the tacks have given up 26, 33, 41 and 29 points.

Now for this week's games...

Indy
(3-2) at Houston
(3-2)-As I indicated above, both defenses have been playing pretty well of late.  It will be tough for Indy to go on the road in a short week and beat a solid Houston team.  But I look at the disparity between Andrew Luck and Ryan Fitzpatrick, and I am compelled to pick Indy 24-17.

Jaguars
(0-5) at tacks
(1-4)-Uncertaintly surrounding Locker's playing status.  What is more certain is that seemingly perpetually underrated Michael Roos is going to miss significant time- possibly the rest of the year-with an injury that will require surgery.  However, the tacks seem well equipped to replace him, with rookie first round pick Taylor Lewan stepping in to LT this week.  They are facing a Jaguars team that finally displayed the ability to slow an opposing offense down, is slowly getting healthy, and finally showing signs of a possible running game.  I've been predicting the Jaguars would have it's first win by this week, and I will stick to that.  Jaguars
20-17.

Last week:  3-1

Overall: 12-6

I never predict the score, but agree the Colts and Jaguars will win.

Michael Roos definitely is out for the year. I don't think it will be a smooth transition to Taylor Lewan, who is makintg his first career start.

Indianapolis at Houston. I don't like Houston to win this one so much, but they are at home and I'm not sold on Pagano and his crew. Despite all of that, I'm taking Indianapolis to win in an ugly game that shows off inefficiencies and penalties as most all Thursday Night Games do.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Indianapolis

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

Jacksonville at Tennessee. Eat it Fisher Munchak Wisenhunt. Tennessee's offense doesn't scare me, but their Defense does. But if that's the case, how did Cleveland come storming back? The Jacksonville Offense has shown signs of getting their feet under them, but they still have work to do, a lot of it. I like Jacksonville to win, but it's going to be close and it's going to be ugly.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Jacksonville

Quote:Indianapolis at Houston. I don't like Houston to win this one so much, but they are at home and I'm not sold on Pagano and his crew. Despite all of that, I'm taking Indianapolis to win in an ugly game that shows off inefficiencies and penalties as most all Thursday Night Games do.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Indianapolis

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

Jacksonville at Tennessee. Eat it Fisher Munchak Wisenhunt. Tennessee's offense doesn't scare me, but their Defense does. But if that's the case, how did Cleveland come storming back? The Jacksonville Offense has shown signs of getting their feet under them, but they still have work to do, a lot of it. I like Jacksonville to win, but it's going to be close and it's going to be ugly.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Jacksonville
"Good answer.  Good answer.  I like the way you think.  I'm gonna be watching you."
Quote:"Good answer.  Good answer.  I like the way you think.  I'm gonna be watching you."

I assume no responsibility for my actions once I get into the bourbon.
First week of the season this team has EXPECTATIONS to win. Curious to see how they respond to that. This could be a seat getting warm week for Gus.

Quote:First week of the season this team has EXPECTATIONS to win. Curious to see how they respond to that. This could be a seat getting warm week for Gus.
You may be right.

I think most knew the stretch of games we just had were tough going in. 

But Tennessee represents a step down from most of those other teams. 

If we lose to Tennessee...especially in a blowout, people will really start to get impatient.
14-4 overall.

4-0 last week.

Colts over Texans - I can see this going either way, playing in Houston is always a struggle, but I think the Colts pull it out.

Titans over Jaguars - Both teams are equally as bad so I'm going with the home team.

Could easily see myself 0-2 this week or 2-0.

A poster in absentia (Oklahomie), offers the following picks:

Jaguars over titans

colts over texans.

Quote:First week of the season this team has EXPECTATIONS to win. Curious to see how they respond to that. This could be a seat getting warm week for Gus.

I don't think teams expect to win or lose any games. They just go about their business while we make predictions.

Zero chance Bradley's seat is getting warm. Anyone who really thinks he has any chance of getting fired after this season knows nothing about the re building process.
I still don't know what to think of Houston.  I've always thought that they were a better team than their prior records have shown.  That being said, I don't think that they have enough to beat the Colts.

The Jaguars are just one or two plays away from their first win of the season.  It's almost like I'm starting to "expect" a win every week starting last week.

Colts over Texans - This game could go either way.

Jaguars over Titans - Though the Titans are the home team, the quarterback position is a question for them, and the Jaguars are hungry for a win.

Last week:  3-1

Overall: 12-6

Think about it: Who did the Texans beat this season? Did they have any impressive wins?

All I know is they kept the Redskins out of the end zone.

4-0 in Week # 5

13-5 overall

Week # 6 selections:

Houston over Indianapolis.    The Colts injuries at Guard are the reason for my prediction.  J.J. Watt has already proven to be a difference maker this season.  This has the makings of a low scoring game,  unless points are directly or directly set up by Defense and Special Teams.  

Jacksonville over Tennessee.  The Jaguars got on the winning track in Nashville in 2013.   History more likely than not will repeat itself in 2014.   Even with Blake Bortles relative lack of experience,  he's probably the best QB at present in this game. 

Im 9-5 and Its harder picking just two games... I really hope i dont get both picks wrong this week but knowing my luck.

Texans over Colts

Jaguars get their first win.

I got the first game right. However the way it played out was unbelievable.

I picked Indy and Jax.
Quote:I picked Indy and Jax.

Me too. It is looking more and more like Jake Locker will not be playing.
Looks like I might be 0-2 this week... Come on jags win it for me Big Grin

The texans ALMOST pulled out a W tho...

Quote:Looks like I might be 0-2 this week... Come on jags win it for me Big Grin

The texans ALMOST pulled out a W tho...

If you call never leading for even one second almost winning!
Quote:Looks like I might be 0-2 this week... Come on Jags win it for me.

The Texans ALMOST pulled out a W though.

You really think the Texans almost won after letting the Colts score 24 points in the first quarter? It was not like they were running a hurry-up offense at the end.
Pages: 1 2