Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What will ya miss the most about board closing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For me be the game day post and rant. So many on at same time. Talking about jags. And we won or lost together. No matter where we were.
The political forum.

Jk.

Would have been interesting to see the board dynamic when the team finally becomes a contender.
Giving the mods hell
The training camp breakdowns for sure.  Also a big fan of the many opinions of prospects and players on the roster.

Quote:For me be the game day post and rant. So many on at same time. Talking about jags. And we won or lost together. No matter where we were.

I'll miss correcting your grammar.

:teehee: J/K  -  I'll miss getting down to the nitty gritty details about fan opinions/stances on all of the issues concerning the Jaguars. 

You can learn more on this forum (in a quality thread anyway)  than from any crap blog post tossed out there from O'Halloran, DiRocco or most of the hacks at BCC.  I'll miss that type of "at-length" discussion. 

nevermind
Everything about it really. Invested a good 12 years into this place off and on. I literally grew up on this board in some areas. Came here mostly to talk Jaguars and ended up getting real life lessons and value out of some remarkable people on here. I still miss Fargin till this day on here. I took quite a few punches from Fargin earlier on when I was just a kid but it helped me in the long run in understanding how to navigate through the many personalities and honest people on here. 

It's a drag man. It really is. I'll miss jumping on here from work when it's early in the mornings and nobody is in yet to bother me. Or getting up on the weekends with a cup of coffee just to see anything and everything going on around here. It's crazy when I go back and think on just how long I've been off and on this forum. I think I'll be grateful the most for the fact that guys like FBT and Dakota went easy on me when I got banned and suspended for awhile for just being a complete [BLEEP] on here for awhile. 

Can't even remember what caused all of that. I was still growing up. Had a lot to learn I guess. But they slowly but surely allowed me back on here. You'd think something so simple as a forum could easily be cast aside or set aside as nothing special or something you could forget about and leave. But it's not. This place truly made my days better growing up. Whether it was when I was younger in school still living at home. Or growing up and coming home after a long day of work. This place is awesome. 

And it's a damn  shame it comes to an end. Guess I am trying to get all my thanks and farewells out now since I'll be on vacation starting this Saturday. I probably won't even be able to jump on here on the 1st of June. Bummer. But, it is what it is man. 

I'll miss nothing. Absolutely nothing. You all suck. Yet I was drawn to your suckness for 12 years. I recall when I joined the board and the things that happened around that time in my life. 

I'll be spending a lot less time on the internet
TMD is probably itching at the chance to join any new board.
Quote:Everything about it really. Invested a good 12 years into this place off and on. I literally grew up on this board in some areas. Came here mostly to talk Jaguars and ended up getting real life lessons and value out of some remarkable people on here. I still miss Fargin till this day on here. I took quite a few punches from Fargin earlier on when I was just a kid but it helped me in the long run in understanding how to navigate through the many personalities and honest people on here. 

It's a drag man. It really is. I'll miss jumping on here from work when it's early in the mornings and nobody is in yet to bother me. Or getting up on the weekends with a cup of coffee just to see anything and everything going on around here. It's crazy when I go back and think on just how long I've been off and on this forum. I think I'll be grateful the most for the fact that guys like FBT and Dakota went easy on me when I got banned and suspended for awhile for just being a complete [BAD WORD REMOVED] on here for awhile. 

Can't even remember what caused all of that. I was still growing up. Had a lot to learn I guess. But they slowly but surely allowed me back on here. You'd think something so simple as a forum could easily be cast aside or set aside as nothing special or something you could forget about and leave. But it's not. This place truly made my days better growing up. Whether it was when I was younger in school still living at home. Or growing up and coming home after a long day of work. This place is awesome. 

And it's a damn  shame it comes to an end. Guess I am trying to get all my thanks and farewells out now since I'll be on vacation starting this Saturday. I probably won't even be able to jump on here on the 1st of June. Bummer. But, it is what it is man. 
I feel very similar about this board. It really was a special place for me too. Hope I see more of you outside.
Quote:TMD is probably itching at the chance to join any new board.

There was nothing stopping him from joining any board besides this one.
Wow.. I'm back on my old account
Quote:Wow.. I'm back on my old account
same, funny how they get it to work right before killing it.
Good thing they got the SQL issues fixed just in time to shut it down.

Political post in a non-political forum. Ehh, what can it hurt now?

Odd that shutting down fans free speech is occurring in a time when the MSM is running rampant with fake news. Not sure I like where this country is headed...

Quote:Political post in a non-political forum. Ehh, what can it hurt now?

Odd that shutting down fans free speech is occurring in a time when the MSM is running rampant with fake news. Not sure I like where this country is headed...

We should start a riot
I'll miss all of it, being from Italy this is the only place I can discuss Jaguars with other fans of the team as very few people here follow american football and even less (none that i know of) are Jaguars fan.

I use twitter just to read the news and not for communicating, BCC is terrible and the comments section is a mess so...hopefully we'll find a new forum soon. 

What I remember the most is the complete division on the board surrounding Jerrad.  Wasn't it during this time that the Mods were sort of making all of us take a sensitivity class?  Every post had to include flowers and rainbows.

Quote:What I remember the most is the complete division on the board surrounding Jerrad.  Wasn't it during this time that the Mods were sort of making all of us take a sensitivity class?  Every post had to include flowers and rainbows.

I don't remember Jerrad being that bad, was he? He always made me laugh and seemed like your standard realist. 
Pages: 1 2