Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anybody talk about that weak call by the Steelers to throw late in the game only to give Antonio Brown a record?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pretty bush league if you ask me. Under two minutes, your opponent has no timeouts remaining. You could do three straight kneel downs and run out the clock. Nope, you gotta run a play just to give your guy with four receptions the record of most games with five. And then Brown just catches it and runs out of bounds, stopping the clock. Weak.

Meh. A reception is fine. It would have been shady if they went end zone on us. If you've got the opportunity to help your buddy get a record then I see no harm in it. If that was one of our guys I'd have wanted them to do the same thing.
Who cares. The dudes been balling for a long time and deserved it. McCray played great
Tomlin left himself open to being heavily criticized if there was an incompletion, a turnover, or an injury.  Dumb move when you're only up a TD.  Reminds me of Strahan and his record breaking sack on Favre. 

Big Ben told Tomlin he would rape him if he did not call a pass play for his buddy.

I am honestly surprised I didn't hear more people talk about this. In the context of the game it was a dumb, unnecessary play for the reasons that Jags437 mentioned.

It just doesn't matter.  If you want them to not be able to do something, you have 11 guys on the field who are allowed to stop them from doing it. 

It was a topic Lags talked about during the film portion of last night Jaguars All Access tv program. Lags seemed to have the same opinion, almost word for word.

Quite honestly, when players are making millions of dollars I'm ok with anything within the rules of the game.  If the opponent doesn't like getting beat by 40, stop the offense.  If the Offense doesn't like being blitzed when down by 30, do something. 

Quote:It was a topic Lags talked about during the film portion of last night Jaguars All Access tv program. Lags seemed to have the same opinion, almost word for word.

Not sure if you mean mine, but if so that wouldn't surprise me.  I'm pretty sure I've heard Lags express that sentiment in the past.  I agree with him obviously.  Play defense and stop them.
I'm fine with them doing whatever, but it shows that there are more important things to them than winning the game.  If they were up by 9, it's not a stupid call.  Up by 8, you're opening yourself up to disaster or injury.  Is it likely?  No....is it possible?  Ask Herman Edwards.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracle_at_the_Meadowlands

Quote:It just doesn't matter.  If you want them to not be able to do something, you have 11 guys on the field who are allowed to stop them from doing it. 

It's not even about that.

I would feel the same way if it was two teams I don't care about involved.

You are up 8 with 2 minutes left. You can take a knee three times and the game is over. They only threw the ball to get a player a record. It was a dumb play.
Quote:Pretty bush league if you ask me. Under two minutes, your opponent has no timeouts remaining. You could do three straight kneel downs and run out the clock. Nope, you gotta run a play just to give your guy with four receptions the record of most games with five. And then Brown just catches it and runs out of bounds, stopping the clock. Weak.

And you care about this because why?  If one of our players was one play away from a record this whole board would be screaming bloody murder if the coaches didn't allow him to get it.
Quote:It's not even about that.

You are up 8 with 2 minutes left. You can take a knee three times and the game is over. They only threw the ball to get a player a record. It was a dumb play.

Why do I care though?  Is it dumb for them for reasons like taking on unnecessary risk?  I can see that argument. 

Why should I care about that though?  It's a football game and they ran a play.  Sack the QB and make them pay for it.
Quote:Not sure if you mean mine, but if so that wouldn't surprise me.  I'm pretty sure I've heard Lags express that sentiment in the past.  I agree with him obviously.  Play defense and stop them.
Not your point though I have also heard Lags sentiment on that subject in the past. He addressed this exact topic about the throw for the record.

Quote:It's not even about that.

Individual accolades above team, not good  Tomlin will not receive much flak because the play worked. But man if something would have happened they would be wanting to run him out of town.
cool story bro.

How about the weak attempt to make a tackle by Will Blackmon.  It should have been a 3 yrd gain. 

You disrespect sorry teams like that. Pretty sure a good team wouldn't have something like that done on them. If or when the team stops being a doormat I don't think things like that will happen to them.

Who says they have to kneel?  

wow who cares

Pages: 1 2