Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Accountability. Throwing players under the bus or is everyone accountable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I keep hearing this phrase tossed around but don't see it executed fully.  Why does the brass hold certain players accountable but not hold the coaches or even the GM account.  Lets get real here, the team sucks all the way around.

Lets look at reality here:

Caldwell:  With his roster we are 4-17.  Yes I know the excuses about all the young guys starting but it's his fault all of these young guys are starting.  He let go of key veterans and spent very little money in Free Agency the past two years.  Yes you build through the draft but you don't leave your roster totally void of talent while doing it.   The few free agents he has signed mostly suck.  Where is the accountability?

Bradley: He has the whole Tony Robbins rah rah rah thing going on but thats it.  Supposedly a defensive minded coach who currently runs a team dead last in total defense.  Last in yards and last in points allowed.  He flat out sucks.  I'm tired of hearing "the team is improving" "we saw some good things" "we are getting better" "competition" blah blah blah.   Real pour job and he keeps the inept assistant coaches working right along with him

Fisch:  His offensive game plan sucks every week.  He holds back bortles from throwing the long ball and allows opposing teams to shrink the field on us.   The whole zone blocking scheme is a joke.   This team is near last or dead last in almost every major offensive category.  Why does this guy still have a job?

Babich:  His whole gameplan has sucked.  The defense is too soft and never have I seen a jags defender press a receiver to break up his route.  This was the first week the Jags defense actually showed some life outside the first half against Phili.   I can't say if the defense played well or the Steelers just suck right now.  We played the same Steelers team that just got beat by the horrible bucs. 

The Fans:  You have two different ends of the spectrum crowd here.  

1. You have the fans that drink the koolaid and the ignorance is bliss crowd.  They support the team no matter what and support whatever regime is in power till the death.  The same fans who supported Gene Smith and the Jack Del Rio regime.  It does not matter how bad the jags are doing it's always right with them.

2. The Negative crowed, soilers, bed wetters, etc.   I admit I fall in this bunch but I don't know why I shouldn't.  This team has been horrible since 2007. This new regime comes in and "cleans house" and the roster looks worse than before they took over.  I know we have heard their young 1000x over but that does not mean they will become good.   4-17 31st in offense and 32nd in defense is nothing to cheer about.

Dude, just quit watching. It seems to bring you misery. Why keep putting yourself in this state of mind. Find a hobby you actually enjoy.
Quote:Dude, just quit watching. It seems to bring you misery. Why keep putting yourself in this state of mind. Find a hobby you actually enjoy.
You might be right.  Watching the Jags the last few years has been much more frustrating than satisfying. 
Quote:I am taking the wait and see approach to the new direction of this team

So I take it you are done with that already?  
Obviously everyone's is accountable. If the coaching staff provides the players with what they need and they fail to execute then they are accountable for their actions or lack thereof. The players that have been cut have all been veterans andb were with the team last year. They understood what was needed for them to keep their jobs and they all failed.

If the Coaching staff isn't given the players needed to become successful then the GM will eventually be held accountable, same as the coaches if they are provided what they need and fail to utilize the players to the best of their ability.

The difference when judging the FO and the Coaching staff is that its understood success may not come as fast due to the rebuilding process that the staff has undergone and that's something Khan has agreed to. Judgement is to be withheld until all the parts are in place and that's something this fan base has difficulty grasping.
Didn't you just start a thread a couple days ago talking about Gus needs players?
You can't hold all of the coaches accountable in this situation. They are obviously identifying who does not belong on the field and making a statement about job security because they want to make this team as good as it can be. Gus Bradley said all losses hurt including the last one. How do you think coaches can do better with 7 rookies on offense?

Khan fired the Smith/Mularkey regime after one season. I'm pretty sure he is willing to hold Caldwell and Bradley accountable.

Also, he's gone through how many Fulham managers in the last year?
If you aren't in the meeting rooms when they break down film, you don't know who they are holding accountable or to what degree. So - none of us know, obviously.  

We do know it's happening, or there wouldn't be the cuts, the shift in snap counts and the benchings that are taking place. 

At some point you run out of options and the  guys that are left standing have to gut it out.  We are starting to see that.  Unfortunately - at least 3 of our back seven on defense are going to get picked apart in this zone because there's no upgrade on the roster.  It's going to take guys like Evans, Telvin Smith, J.T Thomas, Geno, and Will Blackmon responding to accountability if we are going to stop anyone. 

Quote:Khan fired the Smith/Mularkey regime after one season. I'm pretty sure he is willing to hold Caldwell and Bradley accountable.

Also, he's gone through how many Fulham managers in the last year?

Right now Khan sees no reason to fire either of them because he fully understands this is just a growing pains period for the franchise, not a sign we are moving the wrong direction.
Quote:So I take it you are done with that already?  
I posted that before the season and yes it's looking ugly
Quote:Didn't you just start a thread a couple days ago talking about Gus needs players?
No
Quote:Obviously everyone's is accountable. If the coaching staff provides the players with what they need and they fail to execute then they are accountable for their actions or lack thereof. The players that have been cut have all been veterans andb were with the team last year. They understood what was needed for them to keep their jobs and they all failed.

If the Coaching staff isn't given the players needed to become successful then the GM will eventually be held accountable, same as the coaches if they are provided what they need and fail to utilize the players to the best of their ability.

The difference when judging the FO and the Coaching staff is that its understood success may not come as fast due to the rebuilding process that the staff has undergone and that's something Khan has agreed to. Judgement is to be withheld until all the parts are in place and that's something this fan base has difficulty grasping.
The problem with that whole line of though is there is a thing called progress.  You get better as time goes on.  This team has shown little to no progress since the start of the 2013 season.  "All the parts" may never be in place
Quote:The problem with that whole line of though is there is a thing called progress. You get better as time goes on. This team has shown little to no progress since the start of the 2013 season. "All the parts" may never be in place

As Senor Fantastico has already outlined there has been SOME progress with this team because Khan has demonstrated in a short time as an owner of two different franchises he's not afraid to pull the plug.
Quote:So I take it you are done with that already?  
Lunch clearly threw a wrench in that plan.
Quote:No

You sure? What was all that talk about you eating crow about Gus Bradley?
Quote:Lunch clearly threw a wrench in that plan.
This teams pathetic performance all season has done that
Quote:This teams pathetic performance all season has done that
Well, the good news is the quality of your posts has matched the performance of this team. 
Quote:Well, the good news is the quality of your posts has matched the performance of this team. 
accordring to some thats great
Quote:accordring to some thats great

No, no it's not.
Pages: 1 2