Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Start todman
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With a heavy dose of Denard and Storm.
what

Personally, I do believe Todman is the best RB on this team.

Quote:Personally, I do believe Todman is the best RB on this team.

He runs hard for sure.  Denard has been a pleasant surprise but I don't see why Todman doesn't get a lot of looks (he can run block, pass protection, run routes, catch, run after the catch, and run outside and inside) with Denard as a change of pace.
Denard and Todman are essentially the same guy.
Quote:He runs hard for sure.  Denard has been a pleasant surprise but I don't see why Todman doesn't get a lot of looks (he can run block, pass protection, run routes, catch, run after the catch, and run outside and inside) with Denard as a change of pace.
If we consider Denard as a pleasant suprise, we really really have the bar set low.  He's been nothing special IMO, looking league-wide, a below average back.

Quote:Denard and Todman are essentially the same guy.
lol not at all. 
Make the switch.  Give him a shot. 
storm is the most dangerous back on the team.

Quote:lol not at all.

There both scat back, outside running guys. That's nothing to argue.
Laughing

Quote:storm is the most dangerous back on the team.
Agreed. Gus seems to be warming up to him too.
Quote:Coach: Storm Johnson was 'very impressive'

Storm Johnson | JAC

(October 6, 2014 1:35 PM EDT)

Speaking Monday, Jaguars coach Gus Bradley called Storm Johnson's Week 5 running "very impressive."

Johnson's eight snaps were fourth amongst the Jags' running backs, but his 27 rushing yards led the team. Jacksonville went with a four-man committee of Johnson, Toby Gerhart, Jordan Todman and Denard Robinson against the Steelers, but probably doesn't want to repeat that approach going forward. There's a real chance Johnson gets a longer look in Week 6 against the Titans. He's worth a flier in 12-14 team leagues.

SOURCE:

JOHN OEHSER ON TWITTER
Quote:storm is the most dangerous back on the team.
I hope so, this team needs a spark, maybe it can be him.  I've been down on him, but he looked like he had a little something.  I'd gladly be wrong about him.
Quote:There both scat back, outside running guys. That's nothing to argue.
Hard to say that they are the same guy. 

Guy who has played running back his whole life to a guy that that has played it one year. 

Yes there is something to argue. 
Quote:Hard to say that they are the same guy.

Guy who has played running back his whole life to a guy that that has played it one year.

Yes there is something to argue.
One also has a higher upside to get better while the other is pretty much a "what you see is what you get" kinda guy. But for the sake of not arguing they are pretty similar.
Quote:Yes there is something to argue. 
Well youve come to the right place!
+1 to the original poster.

My only criticism of Todman is on kickoff returns. 3-4 yards deep in the endzone and he should kneel. I think he wants to show he can play, and its his only opportunity.

So, run Todman, and throw in D.Rob and Storm to keep'em guessing. Toss it to Gerhart while he's on the payroll.

I don't think any of them is THE answer though.

However, with expert playcalling, the group could do okay imo.
Im still not a big fan of his but when i look at what Toby has failed to do.... We just need some type of kick start. Storm did look pretty good in his first few attempts IMO.

Todman had the one run in the 1st Quarter that was called back cuz of Joekell's holding, so I thought that was great.  Comparing Todman to MJD last year really made me question him as the RB of the future.  But he's clearly better than Amelia...

Conversely, I think Storm Johnson is better than Todman so my vote is for Storm and Denard to handle the rock...   But you know, my vote and 20 bucks will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks...

Quote:With a heavy dose of Denard and Storm.
lol no Todman is worst then Denard and Storm

The bigger issues is the OLis bad at Run blocking, and we dont have a RB who can make plays with a bad OL none of these guys are that type of player