Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: An interesting statistic on the defensive side of the ball...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, in a discussion elsewhere I found myself looking at how we compared against other teams in terms of points allowed against the offences we've played so far this season. Here's how it pans out:

Week 1: 4th of 5 teams
Week 2: 5th of 5 teams
Week 3: 5th of 5 teams
Week 4: 5th of 5 teams

Week 5: 2nd of 5 teams

Okay, it's a small sample size. But we've gone from giving up more points than anyone else against most teams to giving up fewer points than almost anyone against the Steelers.

Was it a blip? Maybe so. Let's see what happens next week - if we're back to being the most porous defence our opponents have faced, then doom and gloom all round. If we're closer to our performance this week, then maybe things are starting to look up a bit for the defence, and we're setting ourselves up for maybe winning a game or two...
Just to clarify have you subtracted the opponents defensive points?

Henne fumble at Eagles

Blakes pick sixes vs Clots and steelers?
Quote:Just to clarify have you subtracted the opponents defensive points?

Henne fumble at Eagles
Blakes pick sixes vs Clots and steelers?
No. I haven't. Would have to do that for all their opponents too. Worst case it probably bumps us about by a position or two. In some cases we were so far below the other opponents that it wouldn't make a difference anyway.