Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This regime going forward
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those saying "this was a total rebuild" and "it's a 3-4 year plan".... Who could actually look at this crap and think we are gonna go even 8-8 next year?
Dude, we're only four more drafts from .500, that's competitive and average.

That sounds doable to me.
What would you suggest? Fire everyone? Blow it all up and start rebuilding again from scratch? Set this team and the fans back another 4-5 years? Because that's what you are suggesting.
Quote:Dude, we're only four more drafts from .500, that's competitive and average.

Oh man that's great you guys. When do we hit 10 win seasons?
Year 6?
In all honesty, with all the coaching and personnel changes this team has had over the last 6-7 years, I just have no idea.

I just hate seeing a team that was 0-16 or 2-14 on year, then in the playoffs the next year, when our team will never do that.

Do whatever it takes, get a new OC/DC, or HC, or whatever.. just make it happen. So many teams have went from absolutely bottom of the barrel to competing with the snap of a finger and the Jags have never even been close to that.  

At this point, we need to aim for 7-9 next year then playoffs the year after
Quote:In all honesty, with all the coaching and personnel changes this team has had over the last 6-7 years, I just have no idea.

I just hate seeing a team that was 0-16 or 2-14 on year, then in the playoffs the next year, when our team will never do that.

Do whatever it takes, get a new OC/DC, or HC, or whatever.. just make it happen. So many teams have went from absolutely bottom of the barrel to competing with the snap of a finger and the Jags have never even been close to that.

And it should be doable. With all of the money at our disposal, there's no reason for it to be this bad. We went with waaaaay too much youth. Then we let vets like knighton/d smith go without getting any sort of replacements. We purged all the players from past regimes, even the OK ones.

And the worst part is, if you arent even gonna re-sign your own players, what kind of message does that send to free agents?
Quote:At this point, we need to aim for 7-9 next year then playoffs the year after

We arent getting 7. And im not a fan of adjusting expectations. This is their bed, they can sleep in it. If it doesnt work, we need to move on.

But if we win fewer than 4 this year, a change has to come.
Quote:We arent getting 7. And im not a fan of adjusting expectations. This is their bed, they can sleep in it. If it doesnt work, we need to move on.

But if we win fewer than 4 this year, a change has to come.

You're going to be very disappointed at the end of the year.
Quote:You're going to be very disappointed at the end of the year.

That's extremely sad. This team is literally the black hole of the NFL. I'd say even above the Raiders. 

No matter what changes are mad, whether GM, Coaches, Personnel, what.. nothing ever changes..

If we had Bortles to Blackmon, this would be a [BLEEP] dynasty... but I'm sure that ship has set sail 10 times over. 
Quote:You're going to be very disappointed at the end of the year.

I know i am. Because shad is gonna let himself be fooled again. We can't have nice things, plain and simple.
This organization is raiders bad right now. Te only difference? The guys running the show are putting on a happy face and a rah rah attitude.