Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Super Bowl Caliber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have been losing so bad for so long that we grasp at any glimpse of hope.  However, nothing matters if we can't win the Super Bowl.

If you think Bradley/Caldwell is the right combo, then when do you think the Jags would be good enough to compete for a Super Bowl?

Or do you think we will be rebuilding again after Bradley/Caldwell are fired?

Nothing matters if we can't win the Super Bowl? I'd be quite happy just being a competitive playoff team every year, even if we never win the Super Bowl. 

I'll take a team that wins. Super Bowl is cool but I'll be OK with being the Atlanta Braves of the NFL. Just sayin ..
Quote:I'll take a team that wins. Super Bowl is cool but I'll be OK with being the Atlanta Braves of the NFL. Just sayin ..

Yeah, that's still not gonna be for a while.  The Atlanta Braves were basically the Buffalo Bills of the MLB...

We have our Jim Kelley, possibly...

Where's our Thurman Thomas? Our Reed?  Where's our Bruce Smith?  Where's our Cornelius Bennett?  

We're nowhere near being a perennial contender.  But I hear ya...  We all want to win.  

But that's not really the topic at hand, is it there, slick?

Quote:Yeah, that's still not gonna be for a while. The Atlanta Braves were basically the Buffalo Bills of the MLB...

We have our Jim Kelley, possibly...

Where's our Thurman Thomas? Our Reed? Where's our Bruce Smith? Where's our Cornelius Bennett?

We're nowhere near being a perennial contender. But I hear ya... We all want to win.

But that's not really the topic at hand, is it there, slick?

Is this rhetorical? I'm confused.
Quote:Is this rhetorical? I'm confused.

Yeah...  Actually.  I didn't realize it until I re-read it, but yeah.  It was more of me being a wise-aleck when I wrote it in response to your post which I thought was pretty obvious...  But it's also rhetorical..   Smile
Quote:We have been losing so bad for so long that we grasp at any glimpse of hope.  However, nothing matters if we can't win the Super Bowl.

If you think Bradley/Caldwell is the right combo, then when do you think the Jags would be good enough to compete for a Super Bowl?

Or do you think we will be rebuilding again after Bradley/Caldwell are fired?

You cant continue to lose (especially be blown out in almost all of the games), and expect to retain your job year after year.   This is year two for the GM & HC whom arent connected at the hip, at this point it would appear that Gus Bradley is more on the hot seat than that of Dave Caldwell in my opinion.  The Defense did appear to play better or was it that the Steelers were the least potent passing offense out of the teams we've played against so far? 

Either way the Defense kept the potential to win alive but the Offense blew their chance to win.  We had to realize that a rookie QB was going to make mistakes, and the pick 6 shouldnt be a huge shock to every one as he will learn over the weeks not to force the ball and to throw it away at times.