Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: what do you expect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Rookie Qb with rookie wide receivers 1 undrafted , 6th round rookie center a 3 rd rookie guard , a Left tackle with 7 whole games under his belt and with No Running Game at all , and I mean at all. Not to mention the previous tight end situiation a couple weeks ago. This offense shouldn't even be able to compete on an NFL level at all.

Then look at the steelers their offense didn't do a hell of a lot more with a superbowl winning head coach and Quarterback.

Everbody wants instant gratification , give this core (players & coaches) time to gel.

If you expect anything other than what your seeing than who's the idiot.

All we need is another good draft 1 or 2 key free agent's.
I expect more wins than last season, even if it is just one more
Quote:Rookie Qb with rookie wide receivers 1 undrafted , 6th round rookie center a 3 rd rookie guard , a Left tackle with 7 whole games under his belt and with No Running Game at all , and I mean at all. Not to mention the previous tight end situiation a couple weeks ago. This offense shouldn't even be able to compete on an NFL level at all.

Then look at the steelers their offense didn't do a hell of a lot more with a superbowl winning head coach and Quarterback.

Everbody wants instant gratification , give this core (players & coaches) time to gel.

[Image: Don%27t_Stop_Believin%27.jpg]

Why ?
Quote:I expect more wins than last season, even if it is just one more
We can still get there. Maybe like last year after the bye week.
It's not OUR problem that all these rookies are playing. It is Dave, Gus, and Tony's problem and fault.
I know what you're saying. It's going to be hard with a bunch of rookies, but dude. We look so inept. The gel thing isn't working. We've been waiting on that thing for so long. By the time they "gel" they realize they aren't worth keeping on the team, and then they try to plug and play again.
Quote:I expect more wins than last season, even if it is just one more

This for sure. I see a regression/same team as last year. We should be looking at 6-8 wins this year. Then next year make a run. When I see this team play, it looks like we won't be competitive for 4 more years.
What you're saying is logical and makes perfect sense.... and not what most people want to hear after another loss. However, for what it's worth I agree with you. I just wish that we would get amazingly, stupidly, unbelievably LUCKY every once in a while and make a big, game winning play. You know... just to break up the usual diet of losing we see from our team week after week.

Quote:It's not OUR problem that all these rookies are playing. It is Dave, Gus, and Tony's problem and fault.

That is not a fault. That is a credit to Caldwell for cutting some players and letting others walk because they sucked and replacing them with players who can only get bettre with age, not worse.
Quote:Rookie Qb with rookie wide receivers 1 undrafted , 6th round rookie center a 3 rd rookie guard , a Left tackle with 7 whole games under his belt and with No Running Game at all , and I mean at all. Not to mention the previous tight end situiation a couple weeks ago. This offense shouldn't even be able to compete on an NFL level at all.

Reality post of the day.  I want the team to win like everyone else but you can't have that much inexperience with a carousel of WRs in and out with injuries and expect to be competitive.  
Quote:That is not a fault. That is a credit to Caldwell for cutting some players and letting others walk because they sucked and replacing them with players who can only get bettre with age, not worse.

It is absolute a fault. You plug holes with veterans and build through the draft while still attempting to be competitive.
Quote:I know what you're saying. It's going to be hard with a bunch of rookies, but dude. We look so inept. The gel thing isn't working. We've been waiting on that thing for so long. By the time they "gel" they realize they aren't worth keeping on the team, and then they try to plug and play again.

The "gel thing" needs some time to work. Today was the first time Austin Pasztor, Ace Sanders, and Storm Johnson played at all in 2014 and the first game Blake Bortles started at home. We need the whole month to work on gelling.
Can I expect a win before we go 0-8?  You know, like progress or something?

I guess Bradley still has 3 games before he replicates the same record we had from last year...

And at least during this bye week, I don't think another one of our 1st round picks will be suspended indefinately...  I guess that's progress...   Wallbash

These games better start turning into W's real quick otherwise he will be on a very short leash next year (and rightfully so).

I expect improvement over last season...

I expect Joeckel to show promise as a former #2 overall pick...

I expect to be able to rely on Zane Beadles...

I expect some decent running from 4 RBs that we invested 2 draft picks and 2 FA signings in...

I expect to see a little more promise from the receivers...

I expect more out of a D Line that we spent money on...

I expect to see the impact the coaches have on developing players after another full off season...

To some degree all of this is lacking and these are fair expectations!
Quote:The "gel thing" needs some time to work. Today was the first time Austin Pasztor, Ace Sanders, and Storm Johnson played at all in 2014 and the first game Blake Bortles started at home. We need the whole month to work on gelling.

It's funny that other teams somehow find ways to gel over the off season or in between games.  I guess that Jags get a pass in that department?
Quote:It is absolutely a fault. You plug holes with veterans and build through the draft while still attempting to be competitive.

Does it need to be said again the Browns ruined our best chance of getting a talented veteran during the offseason? We tried as hard as we could to take Alex Mack out of Cleveland and couldn't do it any better. It was just unfortunate that the Browns had enough money to match anything we could offer.
Quote:It's funny that other teams somehow find ways to gel over the off season or in between games.  I guess that Jags get a pass in that department?

No, we need like a whole season to gel.

Then once we gel, the new season starts, then we need another year to gel...

Lather rinse repeat...

O-8 starts are the norm, duh

Quote:It's funny that other teams somehow find ways to gel over the off season or in between games.  I guess that Jags get a pass in that department?

Interesting stat the broadcast crew came up with... Something like 26 teams in the NFL only start 1 rookie.  You think that is us?  The amount of experience on offense is something that practice and game reps will improve not a magic wand.  As the coaches work with the players during the season it will get better but that doesn't necessarily mean wins this year.

The new CBA is tough on a young team.  At least veterans know the ropes.  And before the whole.... yeah well the GM should have kept X, Y and Z.  This team was 5 years overdue for a true rebuild.  Patience sucks but all we can do is watch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4