Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What happened to Paul Posluszny?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know what happened to him at the two-minute warning? Spedo Dedes said they were looking at his left arms (like he has two) LOL. CBS did not replay it so I have no idea how he got hurt on the play.

Paul can't cover and doesn't fit this defense, he's a liability (along with about 8 other guys) and I'm hoping we see his replacement sooner than later.  Though I'm sure the answer isn't currently on the roster.

I wish Poz the best and appreciate the hard work and toughness he's shown us here.  He's a good guy and busts his [BLEEP] to play the game but he's not a fit at LB here anymore.  I hope the injury isn't serious, I never want to see a guy hurt.  He's one tough son of a gun though, I'm betting we'll see him play next week.

It looked like his shoulder or bicep  .. I agree that he doesn't fit the defense.

They were throwing wherever he was in coverage in the 2nd half. It was easy because he can't cover and seems like he is even worse in zone than he is in man. Need to find a replacement for him, get him off the field in nickle defense, or totally change the defense so he has a place.

He was a good fit for the defense last year and even went to the Pro Bowl, so I thought getting older is a more likely reason, although I don't know how old he is.

This might just be an excuse but could it be injuries? He just got hurt the third time in five weeks. First it was his knee. Then it was his ankle. Now it is his arm or shoulder. I wonder if the pain or reduced mobility has been slowing him down a little bit.

He seems to be good on some plays and a liability on others. I still like him, but can't deny his best days are over.

Quote:He was a good fit for the defense last year and even went to the Pro Bowl, so I thought getting older is a more likely reason, although I don't know how old he is.

This might just be an excuse but could it be injuries? He just got hurt the third time in five weeks. First it was his knee. Then it was his ankle. Now it is his arm or shoulder. I wonder if the pain or reduced mobility has been slowing him down a little bit.

He seems to be good on some plays and a liability on others. I still like him, but can't deny his best days are over.

No, he has never been a good fit for our defense.

He wasn't a good fit last year but it's going to get worse as he gets older and he wears down physically.  I will concede that he's been dealing with a few injuries but he's never been a good LB'er in coverage.
He wasn't a fast linebacker to begin with, and picking up a few injuries here and there isn't going to make him faster.

If we had another 5-6 players of Posluszny's caliber on this team, we'd be a much better team.

A replacement should be looked at via the draft or free agency, but he should be on this team for as long as 

A) we find a better replacement

or 

B) we run into salary cap trouble  (which we're not)
How fast do middle linebackers have to be?

I thought since Daryl Smith moved to Baltimore, Posluszny has been the best linebacker on the team. Geno Hayes certainly is not any better and we are playing musical chairs at the other OLB spot.

he seems to be the only one that knows how to tackle .

Quote:He seems to be the only one that knows how to tackle.

I don't know about that, but he is certainly better at tackling than covering this season.
I'm not sure about this whole OOTO and LEO stuff...

All I know is that having 4 DL's rushing is pretty easy for an offense to figure out...

Wish we'd switch over to a 3-4... 

Seems like a defensive scheme has more of an ability to confuse the pass blocking when the OL doesn't know where the 4th or 5th rusher is coming from...

Quote:I'm not sure about this whole OTTO and LEO stuff...

All I know is that having 4 DL's rushing is pretty easy for an offense to figure out...

Seems like a defensive scheme has more of an ability to confuse the pass blocking when the OL doesn't know where the 4th or 5th rusher is coming from...

Why should we switch to a 3-4 when we have more good linemen than linebackers? The talent on our roster mandates a 4-3.

This is our first year using the Otto linebacker. We should be better at that next season.
I remember seeing an interview with Poz during training camp and he mentioned something along the lines of being a year older and how the offseason went by so quickly. I had the thought that he's feeling his age and we're seeing that translated on the field. 

More Posluszny bashing when he's five times better than all of our other linebackers combined. 

Quote:More Posluszny bashing when he's five times better than all of our other linebackers combined. 
Hey, I like Poz. I think he's an asset in the locker room and has been on the field as well, but he's slowing down. I haven't seen today's game yet, just going on what I've seen so far this season. It kills me to see it, just like it did to watch Mojo decline. 
Quote:Hey, I like Poz. I think he's an asset in the locker room and has been on the field as well, but he's slowing down. I haven't seen today's game yet, just going on what I've seen so far this season. It kills me to see it, just like it did to watch Mojo decline. 

I don't disagree. I wouldn't have any problem when people say "we need three new linebackers" or something of the sort. But to single out Posluszny is just stupid. 
Quote:Hey, I like Poz. I think he's an asset in the locker room and has been on the field as well, but he's slowing down. I haven't seen today's game yet, just going on what I've seen so far this season. It kills me to see it, just like it did to watch Mojo decline. 

Yeah but he's still one of the best players on this defense.
Quote:I remember seeing an interview with Poz during training camp and he mentioned something along the lines of being a year older and how the offseason went by so quickly. I had the thought that he's feeling his age and we're seeing that translated on the field. 

Three injuries in five weeks is evidence of that. Older players seem to get hurt more often. I hope he is just in a funk and will get better when he is off the injury report.
Quote:I'm not sure about this whole OOTO and LEO stuff...

Yet and still the Jags are top 3 in the league in sacks. How do you explain that? The scheme works perfectly fine when you have the personnel to run it. Seattle only rushes 4 DL for the majority of the game in this exact same scheme and even won a Super Bowl in the process. Again the scheme works just fine, we just need to continue to build our talent pool and work on being more consistent.
Quote:Yeah but he's still one of the best players on this defense.
I agree. Just pointing out the obvious. Which in this case may be that we have a pretty crap defense if our best defensive player is feeling his own age and it shows on the field. 
So back to the injury, does anyone know how it happened or how severe it is?

Pages: 1 2