Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The running game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the best friend of a rookie QB? A dominant running game and that's something we lack. Blake is being asked to do way too much but he's all we have on offense. So how do you fix it? I dunno but giving Storm Johnson more playing time could be a start.
He not only has a not existent running game but has rookie WR's on the outside and some backup tight end starting.  He is not in a good situation right now

I noticed Storm block which was something they were worried about with him. Literally took a defender off his feet. Storm will be starting before season ends. Book it.

This is what you get when you decide to roll with a joke Offensive line... GREAT PLAN
Quote:I noticed Storm block which was something they were worried about with him. Literally took a defender off his feet. Storm will be starting before season ends. Book it.

I also thought Storm made some good plays today. His speed through the hole really exaggerates Gerharts (ahem) speed through the hole.
Gerhart needs to sit and Storm and D-Rob need to play more. I'd rotate them and then go with whoever is hot at the moment.

You complain about the receivers being rookies. Well, Storm is a rookie too. The only difference is he and Blake have been playing together about four years.

Quote:You complain about the receivers being rookies. Well, Storm is a rookie too. The only difference is he and Blake have been playing together about four years.

We signed Gerhart thinking he would be more than worthless.  It looks like a total fail.
Storm Johnson did more today than just about any running back has done for us all season. I say give him the start and D-Rob as a change of pace guy.

Quote:Storm Johnson did more today than just about any running back has done for us all season. I say give him the start and D-Rob as a change of pace guy.

I agree.  Gerhart is just not getting it done.  He got the screen pass today and managed to AGAIN break 0 tackles.
Quote:We signed Gerhart thinking he would be more than worthless.  It looks like a total fail.

Yeah, TG is DC biggest FA signing fail so far with the Jags.

A really big disappointment so far this season.

I know the o-line is bad but still, he's way worse then the Jags expected.
Actually I'd say a Rookie QB's best friend is usually the Tight End.  While our running game needs serious work, I think when Mercedes is back it will help some.

Quote:Actually I'd say a rookie QB's best friend is usually the tight end.  While our running game needs serious work, I think when Mercedes is back it will help some.

I think Clay Harbor is fine now.

When our running game is fixed, we will start to look much better on offense.
Quote:Gerhart needs to sit and Storm and D-Rob need to play more. I'd rotate them and then go with whoever is hot at the moment.
I miss MJD, at least he would do something even with a bad OL

running 1.8 ypc does not qualify as a running game
Quote:I miss MJD, at least he would do something even with a bad OL
Unfortunately it feels like the injury bug has MJD's wheels coming off. We ran him into the ground, I'm not sure how much help he would be anymore.
Storm definetly needs to get the bulk of the carries in the next game. He looked pretty solid with just the couple of snaps he got.

They need to stop forcing Toby in their and go with the hot hand.
I mean you guys act like gerhart is getting a ton of carries. The team is already shying away from him for good reason. He had like 4 carries all game. They are already splitting the carries between all the backs. The problem is that we haven't had a back that can carry the ball enough. Blake is having to throw the ball 36 times in a game that was close. That shouldn't happen especially for a rookie. 

I hope they let storm try to run the ball 10+ times next game.