Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Postivies/negatives vs Pittsburgh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
+Defense played much better. They had a few bad plays but overall gave this offense a chance to win. Also created a turnover. Holding a team to 17points is a very good showing

+Young guys are showing potential. Hurns had a few drops but was getting open, oline looked better,  so did Johnson in his first action

+The game was competitive and not a blowout. Losing by only 8 is a big step in the right direction

-Bortles had a bad game.  I am giving him a mulligan because Lebeau has always destoryed rookie Qb's.  6 ints in limited action is concerning.  Although 3 of those Ints should be on the receivers for not fighting for the ball.  The pick 6's just cannot happen especially in close games.

-The coaches not being held accountable. They keep banging their heads against the wall and keep doing the same things that do not work. The offensive gameplan sucked today

-The offense put up 9 points.  You can't win if you can't score.  9 points at home?  cmon man

-Stupid penalties.  It seemed like very time we broke a big play it was called back from penality

-The whole wr group.  Dropping easy balls, not fighting for the ball when your Qb trust you, lazy routes, etc

-Wasted clock management.  2 games in a row where we were spending timeouts like pennies. 

Although they were all field goals, I give them credit for scoring each of the first three quarters. Is that the first time this season?

The pick six was bad at both ends. Bortles underthrew to a player with a clean path to the end zone, but the receiver fell down.

However, that play does not take away what Abry Jones and Andre Branch did. Why aren't they starters on the defensive line?

Clock management: We tried to score near the end of the second quarter, but I would have liked to see a no-huddle play there.

I liked seeing the defense stop players almost immediately after the catch, but Big Ben had way too much time to throw it all day.

very very positive steelers HC just kneeled the ball. he could've tried for another TD. you know I want to run score up billchick would've.

Positives:

Liked what I saw from Storm in limited action.

ARob looks like he is going to be good.

Bortles is showing great pocket awareness and isn't getting scared.

Improved Oline play.

Abry Jones and Demetrius McCray played well.

Negatives

Poz continues to be a liability. We need to revamp the whole LB corps this offseason. Only keepers should be Telvin and Reynolds in a backup role.

Hurns is frustrating. He needs to become more consistent. 

ARob needs to get more aggressive on deep balls. This was the third time he seemed to not get aggressive on a deep ball, which ended up getting picked. Will come with time.

Rookie mistakes in general are frustrating, but understandable. 

Positives:

The line played better (not great)

Storm had some good snaps

McCray held his own

I didn't notice Evans much which I'll take as a good sign

No easy TDs

Negatives:

Joeckel caught my eye a few times

ARob has a noticeable lack of chemistry with Bortles

Hurns was flat out bad in all three aspects today (catching, blocking, routes)

Will Blackmon didn't have his best day
I beg to differ on "no easy touchdowns." Bortles threw directly to a Steelers player who only saw grass in front of him.

Johnson got hurt on his second run and did not look good after that.

+17

McCray played better than I've seen from Gratz.....would keep playing him.

WRs were bad.....Especially Hurns. Dropped crucial balls
My biggest complaint was the traffic and parking.  I hit the Union St. exit off 95 North at 12:00.  It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get through downtown and parked on some side street in a neighborhood more than a quarter of a mile away from the stadium because only people with passes were allowed to park off of A. Philip Randolph.  It was stupid.  How can this city ever hope to attract major entertainment events when they can't even accommodate traffic and parking for a sold out game in their own stadium??   

Quote:My biggest complaint was the traffic and parking.  I hit the Union St. exit off 95 North at 12:00.  It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to get through downtown and parked on some side street in a neighborhood more than a quarter of a mile away from the stadium because only people with passes were allowed to park off of A. Philip Randolph.  It was stupid.  How can this city ever hope to attract major entertainment events when they can't even accommodate traffic and parking for a sold out game in their own stadium??   

Are you serious? That is unbelievable.
Quote:+Defense played much better. They had a few bad plays but overall gave this offense a chance to win. Also created a turnover. Holding a team to 17points is a very good showing

+Young guys are showing potential. Hurns had a few drops but was getting open, oline looked better,  so did Johnson in his first action

+The game was competitive and not a blowout. Losing by only 8 is a big step in the right direction

-Bortles had a bad game.  I am giving him a mulligan because Lebeau has always destoryed rookie Qb's.  6 ints in limited action is concerning.  Although 3 of those Ints should be on the receivers for not fighting for the ball.  The pick 6's just cannot happen especially in close games.

-The coaches not being held accountable. They keep banging their heads against the wall and keep doing the same things that do not work. The offensive gameplan sucked today

-The offense put up 9 points.  You can't win if you can't score.  9 points at home?  cmon man

-Stupid penalties.  It seemed like very time we broke a big play it was called back from penality

-The whole wr group.  Dropping easy balls, not fighting for the ball when your Qb trust you, lazy routes, etc

-Wasted clock management.  2 games in a row where we were spending timeouts like pennies. 

Actually the D played even better than 17 points, they only gave up 10 points all game.

The other 7 was the pick 6.

Unfortunately, the Jags offense picked a bad time to only score 9 points.

It was the first game BB started that the offense didn't have at least 1 TD.
Quote:It was the first game BB started that the offense didn't have at least 1 TD.

In fact it was the first game he played that the offense did not score a touchdown.

Otherwise he and Ben Roethlisberger had similar stats.
Quote:Are you serious? That is unbelievable.

The 1st quarter was mostly over by the time I got to my seat.
Still on our way home but I'm encourage the score wasn't so lopsided.
I guess we will be picking at or near the top of the draft again.

It's getting tiresome seeing so much losing

Quote:I guess we will be picking at or near the top of the draft again.

It's getting tiresome seeing so much losing
Do we draft another offensive player?